FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPreloved MCN’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ladybird84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preloved MCN’s
    Posted: 25 February 2009 at 4:25pm
I have been looking on trademe and have spotted some great bargans on MCN's on there. The problem is that I appear to have an issue with putting pre loved nappies on my baby. I have brought covers and been happy with that tho.

What are your views on using preloved MCN's. What do you do to them when you get them to ensure that they are properly clean? Its one thing to reuse a nappy on your own child but when its from someone elses do you sanitise them in any other special way?

Id love to get over this as Im sure i could score myself some fantastic bargins if i did!!

PCOS
3 Clomid Cyles
Conceived on a Break Cycle while waiting for IUI
Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 4:38pm
I have to admit that when I first switched to MCN's I found the thought of buying preloved nappies a bit uncomfortable too so I bought all new nappies. However by the time my son had grown out of that size I decided to try a few different brands and bought pre-loved as a cheaper way of doing it. I just made sure I asked heaps of questions about the age & condition of the nappies - checking elastic, snaps, fleece, PUL & stains. I was probably a bit over the top but I didn't want anything with stains!!

Now, 2 years down the track, I don't hesitate to buy preloved nappies and have a whole stash of newborn nappies to prove it!! lol. I have got some incredible bargains and think it's such a great way recycle

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 9:51pm
I have no problem with it, I just wash them in hot with some dettol sanitiser before putting them on my babies. Another idea is puting new fleece and making some liners yourself for the nappies.
 Post Reply Post Reply