FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat really works???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:45pm
Oh that's awesome that it's worked so well for you Girls Rock!

And nice to see someone else keen on low carb as well.

Sponsored Links

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:49pm
escadachic
I ate way larger quantities than you did and still lost weight,

bk - 3 egg omelette made with good dolop of cream ,5-8 teaspons of cream cheese mixed in with mushrooms & onions and grated cheese would be a sample breakfast. sometimes add bacon or ham if I had enuf in fridge.

MT a protein cookie (either home made or a brought aikens bar) & a protein shake ( or 100gm vacum pack of meat)

Lunch - 2 boiled eggs dinner plate full of salad couple of 100% meat paddies or 100-200gm of ham or chicken.

tea massve steak or fish or 3 chick thighs boneless wrapped with bacon & stuffed with cream cheese sides of veges or salad (not potato okay sometimes half a potato)

pudding low carb jelly or choco mooouse with cream a treat would be to add boysenberries / raspberrys with whipped cream too

immmmmm this is making me HUNGRY anyway i brought loads of low carb & aitkens books of trademe and found my favourite receipes that way and adapted them to suit me.
found this amazing mince dish made with mushrooms & reduced cream and cream served with salad SO YUM!
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:57pm
just had a thought is that my gluten free normal is properly not normal normal LOL!!

I still have my low carb breakfasts, lunches now have a gluten free burger bun added if im at home or if at work I still eat salad / meat but eat also will have a mandarin & banana & apple and a tub of yoghurt as well. tea I will eat the potatoes. so as you can see I dont eat alot of carbs due to the gluten free lifestyle I have. at the weekends now im preggy I eat gf pancakes or hash browns with my bacon & egg.

I dont know what the normal everyday diet would be carbs count wise? 400-500? im guessing g.f I might be like 200-300 without counting wild guess?

but also made carbs are way worse than grown carbs if you understand? eg an apple is far better carb choice than a slice of bread, read up about nutritive carbs.

anyway enuf about me and my carbs. lol

happy weightloss to everyone hope what ever you choose works for you....
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

i personally dont believe fad diets like the atkins work long term... it has to be a permanent lifestyle change to be really effective! I also dont believe denying yourself a whole food group is that healthy either, nor is denying yourself any kind of "treat".

totally agree...DH & I have both tried it. I may work for a bit but you can not keep it up & keep the weight off & as soon as you eat carbs weight goes on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12