FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Floaties" (gross)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Floaties" (gross)
    Posted: 23 December 2006 at 7:50pm
I have a regular visitor who does unflushable floaties... does anyone know why these happen? Is it to do with diet or what? It's gross!
Sponsored Links

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 8:33pm
eeeew, that's gross, i have no idea why it happens. i don't think it's to do with diet as sometimes DP does the odd unflushable and we eat pretty much the same stuff.
it would be quite interesting to find out why it happens though.
poor you having to look at that

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 9:48pm
eww! lol, i have no idea, but its yucky to walk in a get that kinda suprise!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 11:14am
Oh, I have never thought about that! Maybe it is a high fibre diet - the fibre might make it lighter? Hmmm. Not really the sort of thing you want to google, in case you get dodgy sites!
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 12:05pm
Thats gross You'd think if you were gonna do that in someone elses toilet, you would at least have the decency to wait til the toilet has finished flushing to make sure it has all gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 3:16pm
lol i googled and got this

Floating faeces indicate a high fibre diet and that is good. Our gastrointestinal tract has evolved over a million years using and needing high fibre. It is only in the past 100 years or so that we have been able to partly abandon fibre because we have a surfeit of dense high energy foods available. Meat and sugar.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 3:35pm
gross....but i know what you mean....and beleive me the orange fatty ones after xenical are much much worse!!!

I too have a friend who comes and each time she HAS TO GO!!!! and stinks it out....must like our bathroom i reckon?
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 5:12pm
Woohoo - how clever am I to get that guess right! Well done on the googling Angelnz!!

Bombshell, maybe your friend has a problem like irritable bowel or something, so she can't help herself? Still gross.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 10:39am
Oh yay thanks everyone. Yea I didn't wanna google it either (Remembers googling the spots Briona has on her face only to find that it can also be spread as a STI and saw lots of ladies' lovely bits ugh ugh ugh!)

KH25 that's what I used to think... I'm not sure what I think about it now, it takes about 3+ flushes and you have to wait for the cistern to fill each time otherwise it's no go!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 8:31pm
Eww there is no way I would do a number 2 at anyone elses house and I hate it when people do it at mine.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 9:07pm
Miss - her problem isnt irritable bowel it is more like waaaayyyyy too much bourbon or rum!!! whenever and whereever......yep not a babysitting option that one!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 12:03pm
Lol bombshell! That is pretty funny.

Busymum, what about if you put quite a bit of toilet paper on top of the floatie before you flush - that might help it go down quicker - a bit of weight?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 12:51pm
Yep it does help but still not every time. Amazing huh?!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 8:43pm
*bump*

Okay so whatever this issue, now my 3yo daughter has it and hers are the most stubborn I have ever seen in terms of flushing. As in, it can take days and toilet paper on top seems to make no difference. It's so disgusting! I was hoping I could do something in her diet to ease the problem but is it still the general consensus that it is probably the sign of a good diet?
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 8:57pm
My brother was like that when he was younger, we called his "submerines" lol. But he did have trouble with constipation so when he went he really went and they just would not flush and the loo would bloxk up. I dont know what you could do to stop it.....but maybe, see if she will eat some prunes and dried apricots, and maybe make some bran muffins with apricots to make her poo's softer and they might flush easier.

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 9:43pm
So funny talking about poo! Maybe you need a stronger flushing toilet

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:18pm
I find pouring a bucket of water down the toilet always gets rid of it
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by rachel25 rachel25 wrote:

I find pouring a bucket of water down the toilet always gets rid of it

Yep, I was gonna say the same thing. We don't have this problem in our house but my Dad used to do this all the time to my brothers poop!

Post Reply Post Reply