FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked18mth age gap...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18mth age gap...
    Posted: 23 April 2007 at 7:48am
Anyone out there had an 18mth age gap between babies?

My little man will be just over 18mths when new bubba arrives and I was wondering if anyone else had been there and how their toddler reacted/understood?

Any good coping tips would be great!!
Sponsored Links

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:52am
my 2 older girls have an almost 18 month gap and i LOVE it!!! i would have an 18 month gap anyday kayla and emma have a 2.5 year gap and i have found it more difficult and more work than the closer gap, because emma is more rough with kayla than jade was with emma.
jade accepted her baby really well when emma was born too- showed lots of interest, and now they are bigger they play really well together and are great friends.
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:58am
Thats good to know, so worried that Ben will be jealous of the newie, hope they can be great play mates and not beat other up like me and my brother used to ( he is exactly a year older than me!)!!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:02am
we have a fifteenmonth age gap and I found that when taine was born, jake was fine with him (apart from sitting on him at three days old, but that was an accident) however, now he starting to get jealous and lash out a bit. But because they are older, it is much easier to deal with. i don't need to worry so much about Taine...well, dying at the hands of his brother - although saying that Jake knocked him into the coffee table yesterday and he was bleeding profusely from his mouth - no harm done it seems, but my baby is looking a little scarred.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:09am
Hiya I've had 19m gap the first time and 17 1/2m the second time. With the first, Hannah took a bit of getting used to Briona but it was all sweet after the first 2 weeks, even though Briona was a screamy, silent reflux baby for 3mos. Now they are able to play together because Hannah is not too advanced for Bria, so I like it.

So we did it again... Briona adjusted to Krystiana a lot better than Hannah did to Briona. I'm not sure if that's because she's used to sharing me with Hannah already or if she's more spontaneous (she is), or because there's 6 weeks less. But either way, I've found that an under 2yr gap is great for lack of rivalry because they don't remember being an only child.
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:34am
look forward to hearing about this subject to as there will only be 17 months between madison and the new bubba

Kalem 6!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 8:12am
we going to have a 21month gap.
haleigh is excited about baby, shes now realising that there will be a baby and baby doesnt mean mums tummy lol, she has a wee doll and she cuddles it kisses it and washes its face basically treats it like she should a real baby, mil is buying her an actual real baby doll with a pram so be cool to see how she is with that.
get her ready for the big day
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 9:34am
We had a 20month gap. Our eldest just adored her little sister and became mummys little helper. I found it so hard to adjust though and went through alot of guilt about not having time to do the things we used to (the baby had 12 months of silent reflux and huge feeding and food issues). But they are so close now and i wouldnt have it any other way (well unless they are killing each other). lol plus there is no going back now.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:44pm
I'll have a 17 months gap so while I can't comment on how he reacts I have found this pregnancy to be a breeze. The first 3 months were a killer tho but since then I have been way to busy to think about the pains ans since I still get up to Jack I think I might actually be sleeping better than the other June mums to be since my body knows sleep when you can.

Jack is now 15 months and he is just learning about being nice and gentle and I suspect even tho we might have a few accidents he won't really care about the new baby.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:45pm
I just thought I'd add even tho you probably feel like your boy will never understand all of a sudden they aren't babies any more and understand a lot more than you realise.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 8:43am
I have exactly 18 month's and it is great they are such good mate's already only hting that get's a little hard is 2 in nappies.  I am so happy with 18 month's we are planning for another 18 month gap this time so yes chance's are  I will have 3 under 3.
Deborah Mum to:

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 3:40pm
there is 18 mths between my two. i never explained anything to gabriel really. and one day there was a baby. he adapted very well and we havent seen any jealousy issues except when it comes to cuddles. but thats more a sharing problem i think. in fact i think i told some mums at hamilton the other day that jealousy is an adult emotion anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply