FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp wanted for 1st time mum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 10:40pm
wow, ok, that puts a different spin on things. heres hoping all goes well for you.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 11:19pm
Yeah, I get a scan every month. Actually in japan I read they do a XRAY!!! at 37 weeks. Most women then get told that their pelvis is too small and they have to have a c-section. If you complain you get told that YOU MAY KILL THE BABY!!!! And people ask me why I came back to NZ to have Jake....

NB not all hospitals are like this however....disclaimer
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:03pm
lol, you crack me up lizzie!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:24pm
Hey Mumsthe word, my mum's waters broke at 27 weeks with my youngest brother, and she was hospitalised, but he wasn't actually born till 36 weeks (by c-sect). She had 12 weeks in hospital all up, but he was fine, only had a couple of days in the NICU. And that was 20 years ago now, I can only imagine what sort of medical advances they have made now! I'm sure you will be fine!

(PS Mum had an incompetent cervix, delivered 3 out of 4 babies preterm)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:35am
i love hearing how people have been or have known someone thats been threw a similar thing, i dnt feel so alone, My uterues on a quater of the size of a normal urerus so it would be a miricle to make 35weeks, im glad i begged long enough tolet me come home on bedrest, id go mad in hospital, Caleb was born 2 31wks and was so sick died 5 times in the frist week, was on oxygen for 8mnths, but then my ousin had prem twins at 25weeks i think and they were little but fine, oxygen for 24hrs thas it, so its kinda the luck of the draw really... Calebs lugs wernt developed enough, even though id had steriods for 6 weeks.. so im hoping for a lil healthy bubs this time
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:39am
I am sure this bub will be fine...it has a strong Mum...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:56am
Thanks Im gald everythings good at the moment, my lifes going to go onto a boring spin for a while, my 2 closest friends have just had there babies and will be staying at home now and they used to come keep me sane on the couch, i have other friends that come visit but after theyv been her for 10mins im thinking god when are you gonna go home... And I wish it would rain, makes me feel better about being at home on the couch lol sun makes you want to be outside...
Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 3:46pm
Im sure things will be good too for you..

My sis in law 2B is also on bed rest, Shes only 12 weeks, But shes had 5 m/c and has Endo...(not sure how to spell!) ..

All the best..
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:31pm
OMG bed rest for possible 28 weeks. I'd go crazy!! but then if you just keep thinking "healthy baby in the end", mnaybe it would make it easier. take up knitting!!!!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 9:41am
My sister had twins a few months months ago at 30 weeks. Her waters broke at 18 weeks and was in hospital on strict bedrest (using a bedpan and everything!)from 19 weeks. Her other baby lived with our parents during that time and I know it was really hard for her. I think she took up cross-stitch while she was stuck in bed and read lots of books! She stayed really positive tho and in the whole scheme of things she just kept thinking its only for a few weeks and she tried to make the most of having this time to rest before having the twins. Good luck mumstheword, hope all continues to go well for as long as possible! If its nice and sunny out, you could get hubby to put a mattress outside for you!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 11:52am
Ive been naughty and going out to lie on the trampoline for a nap its been great, Yeah my outlook is healthy baby, im supposed to be in hosp but cause I live just round the corner i convinced them to let me go home... ive been really good, but for the fact i want my baby to stay in, for as long as possible, yaeh the possibility of 28 wks bedrest must be scary, will the let her get up at 14weeks? i was on bed rest for 1st trimester but not strict, no carrying vacuming hanging washing for same reason ive had 4 m/c's they thought id be ok after that till about 23 weeks then resting again, i think cause i felt so good i was doing a lil more than i should of been, i thoght that id be ok?? but i was wrong Iwas walking round the block every day, looking aftyer a friends kids and just being a normal busy mum..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12