FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreakfast for 20+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breakfast for 20+
    Posted: 27 July 2007 at 10:27am
Help - I am cooking breakfast for about 20 people on Sunday morning (with very limited cooking facilities - a cabin in a holiday park) so am looking for any easy recipes that I could make in advance and take with me that could help feed all of these people (mainly boys who will be hungry!!!) . My plan so far is to take a load of bacon, a load of eggs and make scrambled egg and bacon rolls, but would like to maybe make some savoury muffins or something else as an option. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 10:51am
I use the basic muffin receipe in the edmonds cook book (think its the one for cheese or savory) and just add whatever veges etc I have in the fridge - usually tomaotes, peppers, olives, some chopped bacon, cheese etc and put a dollops of cream cheese in the middle. They work well and you just check them in the microwave for 30secs before serving and they are good.

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 11:21am
What about some Savoury Scones??? They are sooo easy to make......
Easy scone recipe......
For every cup of flour - 1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder, pinch of salt and equal quantities of Milk, cream and hot water, then you mix (but don't over mix) until soft dough forms, pat out lightly and either cut with a cookie cutter or just cut with a knife. Bake them in a hot oven (about 200 - 210 degrees), I often put a tray of hot water in bottom of oven, which gives it a wee bit of steam for a nice crust. They will take about 12-15mins - but if you're not sure just break one open - they should be just cooked in the middle.
You can add whatever you like to them - cheese spring onion and bacon are nice!

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 11:23am
Just adding - 8-10 cup mix 'should' be enough - depending on what size you make:)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 1:52pm
You could be cooking bacon for a long time What about quiche? That can be served warm or cold so is really easy.

Bacon and egg rolls sound yummy though
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 2:04pm
If you grill the bacon in the oven, you can cook a larger batch than in the fry pan.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 2:52pm

Yeah I think I will buy the really thin streaky bacon that cooks quite quickly. Also think I will take multiple frying pans and an oven tray....

Yikes - what have I got myself into!

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:42pm
Oh yuuuuuuuuum.

Craving homemade savoury scones and muffins right now

You'll be sweet, just cook it in batches and keep it warm in the oven
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
 Post Reply Post Reply