FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked!!! Babies Due In April 2008!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788
Author
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:03pm
Awww everyones babies are SO cute! Congratulations!

Hey anyone heard from Wendy?
Sponsored Links

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:13pm
no havent heard from wendy....

mikki jackson has jaudice as well... they were going to do some treatment on him but decided he was ok.
ive got feeding sorted, but i find the first minute extremely painful. i had an alergic reaction to lansinoh in the hospital , it was so bad thry gave jackson some formula and expressed some of my milk onto the breasts to heal them. ive been using rose-calandula now and it works a treat. baby has even drawn out my inverted nipple that ive been worried about!

Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 12:45pm
Caroline is doing really well - after the first few day or two when the second shunt wasn't working and they were thinking they would have to do a bypass, it suddenly started working....she has been taken off all her medications except one aspirin per day, and is in a ward now (has been in PICU and Cardiac HDU the whole time). Hollie and Izzy are up there with her. They are hoping to be discharged at the end of next week, fingers crossed.
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 12:48pm
Great news
You Mums should move and join the March April Mums in the first or second baby thread
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:25pm
oh thats great news, thanks minik8e...

yes will have to move across... ive had such a hard time with breastfeeding. ive been expressing today and hes taking the bottle well.
i have an inverted nipple that keeps disappearing back inside the breast once bubs has finished, and when its time for feeding again he draws it back out and it bleeds and it looks a bit green it seems hes breaking the healing once he draws it back out?

anyway, i expressed 50mls for him and he guzzled that down, then was still hungry and emptied my good breast half an hour later he is such a guzzle guts!
Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 5:16pm
hey kaiz, i have found breastfeeding quite easy, though i have really bad cracked nipples on one side so everytime she latches it hurts for a minute, but then you just have to tell yourself to relax, and then the pain goes. but its hard work.

I am stating to stress a little about when hubby goes back to work, as i then have to organise to drop the older kids at 8.30am on our monrings for their mother to collect, and again pick them up, i am sure i am stressing over nothing, but kaiz and the others who have kids, how do you manage it, do you go about feeding as normal and simply wake them and top them up before oyu go out? if so how long should i be topping her up for? I hate listening to her cry it makes me feel so bad that i can't help her!

last night was our first difficult night she was up from 3pm and didn;t get to sleep until 11pm, in the end i think she had an upset tummy! its so hard to now what to do, i feel so bad when she cries and i can't help her.
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:35pm
hey mikki my boy did the same yesterday... all day he was really unsettled. he'd feed, then sleep for a short period and then was awake again. usually he is up for an hour and then back down again for at least 2 1/2 hours.
mikki i had my first outing yesterday, i topped jackson up before we left and was certain there would be no way he'd wake for a feed for a good 2 hours or so... had been walking around westfield and he started screaming for more food! how long is your trip to drop off the kids?
Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:33am
dropping off the kids is no more than an hour in total most days but closer to an 1.5 hours trip once a week.

we have been out a few times, i am still workign out breastfeeding in public, if there is a parents room i go their, but i think i should just do it wherever i am! It means i can then stay an enjoy the conversation, trouble is i dont have any tops at the moment for breastfeeding to make it discreet! will look on trade me today.

Where is this other thread we should move to?
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:08pm
Under the first or second babies thread
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:09pm
Have a baby and then first or second baby then march-April 08 babies
nonny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:49am
Okay I've moved across, is anyone else coming??
Busy mum to three beautiful daughters;
Anita 18/11/04, Eloise 24/05/06 and new baby Sasha 12/04/08

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:14am
Good on you moving across nonny I'm sure the others will follow
Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:28am
i will move across too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788