FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewborn Baby Dies..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newborn Baby Dies..
    Posted: 10 August 2008 at 2:20pm
Another article.

BOP - Te Puke.

Article highlights that the mother is 17.

Here we go again

Edited by KylahsMum
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 3:32pm

I don't think it is fair to be highlighting the fact that the babies mum is 17. There are a number of young mums that do a fabulous job.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 3:40pm
I know.. i think they are trying to make people think that young mothers cant be good mothers. Doesnt state anything else about her. I think its mean.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 3:53pm
i don't think this is news-worthy as yet. yes, forensic people are investigating - as they should if ANY newborn baby suddenly dies. the implication is that the mother or family caused it, but this could just be cot death - why report this UNTIL chrages have been laid or the coroner's report states the death as suspicious. reminds me a lot of a family whose baby died not long after the Kahui twins - they were fully investigated and the implication was that they had caused it - what do you know - natural causes! bet that is the case here. poor mum and family

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 4:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 5:46pm

I knew that family Liz (the twins were my friends niece and nephew), and it was really sad. They hated that they were being compared to the Kahui case as they knew noone had hurt their babies they were just prem babies (came 3 months early).

However, he said the baby had "some quite interesting injuries" which were not believed to have contributed to her death.

Why said some interesting injuries if they haven't contributed to the death , they didn't say how newborn the baby was so maybe she was only a few days old and those "injuries" came from the birth.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
KiwiNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 6:58pm
it's horrible that a wee baby died no matter what the cause was
PAM
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

i don't think this is news-worthy as yet. yes, forensic people are investigating - as they should if ANY newborn baby suddenly dies. the implication is that the mother or family caused it, but this could just be cot death - why report this UNTIL chrages have been laid or the coroner's report states the death as suspicious. reminds me a lot of a family whose baby died not long after the Kahui twins - they were fully investigated and the implication was that they had caused it - what do you know - natural causes! bet that is the case here. poor mum and family

completley agree Liz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 7:58am
She hid her pregnancy

Thats so sad. I wonder if she even birthed at a hospital, or if the wee girl even got to see a doctor..

Edited by KylahsMum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 12:52pm
Thats really sad, that she was too scared to tell her parents.
There is no way i could get away with hiding a pregnancy from my parents, they are too observant and wanting to be involved in my life (in a good way )

What a sad situation
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 1:54pm
Aw man thats so sad for everyone involved.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 2:08pm

That is really sad, the baby probably died just after birth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 6:05pm

Updated again

Seems like it was a result of hiden pregnancy

Edited by mummy_becks
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 10:50am

Yeah I've been reading this, and looks like she hid the pregnancy, and delivered the baby with no medical help.  It's sooo sad this poor baby hasn't had a good chance at life.  I wonder if the girl will be charged for not getting medical help throughout the pregnancy, or birth?  Obviously we don't know her circumstances, and has been let down by people in order for her to think she needed to hide the pg.  Too bad it's all come out now, and in this way.  Too sad.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:15am
OK SO I am going to sound like a total Biatch here...but I cant see how a 17 year old who was grown up enough to have Sex wasnt matured enough to seek medical help during her pregnancy and birth...I mean if she was hiding it from family great (I just wonder how no pne noticed???) but she could go to the docs not telling family too...so what was the problem? come on!!!

I have no sympathy for her...unless ofcourse she was raped or some thing....but even then Police should have been involved etc.....I cant see how this could not have been avoided!!

May be I am a bit touchy on this matter...but I am pregnant and HATE HATE it when babies die!!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:33pm
Aw it's so sad. I watched an Oprah program about this, it's quite a common problem as they are too ashamed or scared to tell anyone they are pregnant and then give birth and just don't know what to do. A celebrity (can't remember who) campaigned in the US and mothers are now able to drop babies at fire stations, hospitals and doctors offices no questions asked, don't have to leave a name or anything and it has seen the infant mortatilty rate drop drastically. The celebrity in question adopted one of these babies and did the campaign after a baby was found in a dumpster by her appartment block.

I just think it is really really sad, this happened at a local school when I was school age the girl had put the baby in her locker. I just think it is awful that they are too scared to tell anyone, and some parents just aren't understanding, she was in a rural location as well so maybe was too scared to go to anyone and felt isolated, her parents could be really strict catholics or something, who knows really. And at 17 you are still a child in my opinion even if the law does say you are ready for sex and all that entails.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Roksana Roksana wrote:

OK SO I am going to sound like a total Biatch here...but I cant see how a 17 year old who was grown up enough to have Sex wasnt matured enough to seek medical help during her pregnancy and birth...I mean if she was hiding it from family great (I just wonder how no pne noticed???) but she could go to the docs not telling family too...so what was the problem? come on!!!

I have no sympathy for her...unless ofcourse she was raped or some thing....but even then Police should have been involved etc.....I cant see how this could not have been avoided!!

May be I am a bit touchy on this matter...but I am pregnant and HATE HATE it when babies die!!

who says 17 year olds, or anyone that has sex is mature ? sure in an ideal world they would be , but obviously in this case she wasjust another girl who had sex and was genuinely very scared of what would happen .
Thats sad, very sad, because in years to come she'll probably gain the wisdom that she lacks now and realise that it wouldnt have been so bad if she had told someone , and she wont be able to do anything to change it, and thats the burden she'll always have to bear.

In an ideal world, things like this would never happen ,but we dont live in one .
im sure she's going through hell right now , no matter what we might think of the situation , i think its one of those situations that seems very easy to judge on the offset (eg baby dies ) but more likely one of those "have to live it to judge " situations, im just grateful i have never had to hide anything like that because i know my parents love me unconditionally .....sad that its not the same for every one

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Roksana Roksana wrote:

I hate to say it but i kind of agree with her. 17 isnt exactly a baby anymore, 17 is old enough to know whats right, and your right, what was stopping her from seeing a doctor behind everyones bad? I think it was a really stupid mistake she has made, in a way she should be charged because the baby died because of her mistake. But on the other hand i feel sorry for her, but she new she was pregnant, she should have had a termination instead of waiting for the child to be born to die.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 1:28pm
Who knows her reasons for hiding it ?maybe she genuinely thought it would be ok with out going to a doctor, and yes that is possible, plenty of girls dont know much about pregnancy even when they are pregnant, my friend for example didnt have a clue that things can go wrong in labour .
And perhaps she didnt tell anyone including a doctor because she was a scared 17 year old who thought the doctor might tell her parents.
Im not saying what she did was great, but i simply dont know enough of the facts to say "oh my gosh shes a horrible person "

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 11:31am
IM not saying she was a horrible person, i just think it was really irresponsible, JMHO. I dont know her circumstances, and i feel sorry for her. But at 17 you do know better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>