FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMitre 10 Dream Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mitre 10 Dream Home
    Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:15pm
Sorry, I love this show    What did everyone think? Which room did you like the best?

I actually liked both rooms for different reasons. But I think I like the yellow team better
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Sponsored Links

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:30pm
I voted for the blue im afraid. I liked the colour instead of just neutral tones!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:32pm
I liked yellow too. It seems to be trendy at the moment to have a floating wall behind your bedhead with the wardrobe built into the back of the floating wall and you walk around the side of it and bathroom is behind it (have been to several open homes recently where the master bedroom has this).

This is what the Blues had but I don't really like this layout. I dislike the idea of having my bed in the middle of the room with another room behind my head, something about it makes me uncomfortable! Just my weird hang ups though

Edited by Febgirl
Two little girls under 2!

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:36pm
I loved the colours and style of the yellow team!
Did think the whole layout with the huge dressing room was unusual (although I wouldn't mind it myself)
I really didn't like the lime green painting on the brown wall. Other than that nieither were too bad, infact they were pretty similiar.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the houses turn out.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:53pm
I loved the yellow team, and the idea of having all that space to get dressed was great, if they'd had the budget/time to put the dressing table in there that would have been an awesome space

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 10:18pm
ok i missed it - and from the adds it made it look like the yellow team were leaveing - are they?

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 10:32pm
Nope they just had to take a break that morning to go to a family funeral

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 10:43pm
I liked Yellow team's - and I totally disagreed with the comments about the wardrobe being a waste of space. Not only would it be a great walk-in but you could make it a nursery or put a little office in there.

Also I found their room colours more restful. I don't like acid colours in bedrooms. And I loved their lamps.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:49am
I am another who liked the look of both and as said for different reasons
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:27am
I'm with Bobbie on the "waste of space".
It'll be perfect for a nursery or office space, too.

I loved the recess in the wall above the blue team's bed - with the candles.

I love that both had the windows at the foot of the bed.

Hard to decide

*eta: and while we're on the topic - where are their babies?

Edited by MamaPickle

flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:28am
I loved the colours in blue, and kind of know the blue guys sister so my allegiance lies there :)

I love these type programmes :) Grand designs, extreme makeover etc, they give me heaps of ideas for our home scrapbook :P
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:36am
mampickle- the babies aren't there...kids arent allowed on there as far as i know except that time when they come to look at rooms..I'm assuming neither are still feeding.. must be so hard to be away all sat and sun from them esp for the working parents:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:36am
oh and i liked yellow..but i like them better as a team too the blue guy was quite rude i thought(sorry flake)

Edited by foxxy_one
Mum to two amazing boys!
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:00am
lol it doesn't worry me, I don't know him. Its just fun within our group of friends to support the one team, and its our pretend link but not really to the show lol.
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:08am
hehe fair enough:) i think a lot of people support one team no matter what:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:19am
I liked the yellow team...but wouldn't pay anything to vote. Can you do it online?

We have been using our walk in wardrobe as a nursery for the last 6 years and it works really well.....and we always tell everyone that the nursery is our wardrobe which makes people look at you twice.

Alex 6 and Harry 8
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:31am
DH and i liked both rooms for different reasons.......i don't really like the huge walk-in dressing room the yellows had and i'm not sure i like the lamps hanging down like that.....but i did like the overall look of their room

i loved the blue's choice of colours...apart from the lime..undecided on that too

but yeah...what is it with 'secret' wardrobes? i'm with you Febgirl, i would feel un-easy about having a room behind my head

i love programs like this, but it makes me jealous i don't have a lovely romantic bedroom

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:40am
I LOVED the yellow bedroom, I did like the blues but the yellow was better in my eyes.

It felt really restful?
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
M2K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:44am
I usually dont watch this prog but did last night, might become addicted to it now!! haha,
I love watching grand designs (the presenter gets on my nerves, but its a great show)

I also loved the style of the yellow house but liked the candles in the 'love making' room as the blue guy called it... as you do!

I agree the walk in wardrobe could be used as a nursery aslo, great idea

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:52am
I loved the yellow team. I just loved the curtains, and the lilies on the bedside table. It just looked so much fresher and more inviting.

i think the yellow teams Mum moved up to help look after the baby for 8 weeks?
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>