FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril and May Mums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
Author
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April and May Mums
    Posted: 15 April 2007 at 3:53pm
I thought that I would start a new thread as there doesn't seem to be many of us yet, and we may have to make it a thread for May mums too Not that I have a problem with that.

I thought I would post a picture of my little boy that I took this morning. He didnt think he should have to go to sleep. 4 days old and already starting to be cheeky.

I would love to hear from any of the other new April mums.
Sponsored Links

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 4:30pm
Congratulations again on your little boy! He's just beautiful.

I think there will be a few more joining you in the next few weeks and then I'll definitely be in here in about 5 weeks. Fingers crossed, cause I still might end up a June mum. They will definitely need their own thread as there are so many of them and they are a chatty bunch!

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 6:10pm
Yay Skyflame, an April Mum's thread. I love the idea of it being April/May since there don't seem to be too many of us. Hopefully I can join you soon :)

Look at that cheeky boy

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 7:29pm
Skyflame he is just gorgeous. 

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:03pm
Congrats Skyflame! If you like I can edit the thread title to include the May mums as well (unless they want their own thread!)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:10pm
I'm happy for the May mums to be added to the April mums thread. There aren't too many of us in either and we all seem to chat together on both the April/May pregnancy threads already.

Not sure what the other mums/mums to be think but I'm sure they would be keen too.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 9:04pm
oh he is a cutie!!! congrats!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 9:41pm
Congrats Skyflame, He's gorgeous!!!

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 9:48pm
I vote to edit the thread to become both April and May. Like Renee said we all seem to talk to each other now so it makes sense :)

Yay, looked at the due date list and my turn is just one more baby away

Skyflame, how are you and Caleb doing?

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 11:01pm
I vote for the combined thread for April and May as we always seem to be in each others preggie threads anyway. I think that June babies will definately need their own thread though especially with them being up in the 120's for pregnancy.

If you could change it to April and May and sticky the thread that would be great Maya.

Caleb is doing well started to sleep a bit longer last night which was a bonus after 2 nights of no sleep (3 if you count night I gave birth) and 1 of an hour of sleep at a time. He managed to go in 3 hour sections last night until 3.30 then was up for a couple of hours before going back to sleep for just over and hour.

I couldnt believe it when he was awake for 3 hours this morning though, and was happy the whole time no grizzles or anything.

He just seems so small though and I am scared that I am going to break him

I look forward to having the rest of you in here too soon. I hope that Farawys induction is going well.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:53am
He is so cute. I'm an April mum as well. My April baby will be 3 next week and it has gone so fast.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:09am
Congratulations Skyflame!! He is so beautiful! I don't belong in this thread but was just reading another one when I noticed that your ticker had changed to include a baby not a countdown. Can't find a thread to welcome him and congratulate you??? You should make one
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:57am
He's so cute Skyflame! Just read your birth story and that is amazing Well done!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:08am
Congratulations Skyflame He's beautiful

I'm and April mum aswell - my April baby turned 10 a couple of weeks ago
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:12am
How are you and Caleb doing Skyflame? Read your birth story last night. Eeeeek!

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:43am
congrats hes lovely
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 10:14am
We are doing well, he is sleeping again at the moment.
I can't believe it has been a whole week already, it has gone so fast. He is sleeping for approximatly 3 hours at a time now apart from Monday night which he seemed to want to eat every hour. Midwife is coming today and will weigh him so we will see how much my little boy has put on, as he has put on weight I am sure.

We had a big day yesterday and went out visiting and to coffee group and he was really good. He has no problem with being passed around for cuddles. Granted he was sleeping at the time but was still really good.

Our biggest issue seems to be getting him to pass wind, he is really bad at it and holds on tight then gets all upset. He is also really modest though and hates to have his nappy changed and hates having his clothes off, he screams his little head off until you have him dressed again.

Yea birth was a bit unexpected and not at all what we had planned, which just goes to show that anything can happen and to try not to get to attached to a certain idea of how the birth will go.

I wonder how Faraway's induction went and what she had, hopefully she will be back to let us know before too long.
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 11:20am
Well midwife came yesterday to check on Caleb, got help up previous day as she had 4 births. He has managed to put on 160g on his birth weight so now weighs 6 lb 6 oz or 2.96 kg and is doign really well. Midwife is really happy with his progress and everything seems to be good with him.

I had a bit of a long night last night as he did not want to settle. Went to sleep after his 10.30 feed then woke up at 12.30 and did not go back to sleep until 3.30 this morning. He even managed to wake DH at 3 so it is a good thing he didnt have to go in to the office today as driving 1.5 hours to work and then the same back this evening when he is tired would not be good.

Oh well I think it is time to try get another nap as he seems to be resting now, I think part of it is the change in temp is getting to him as it is getting a bit cold at night now. Poor little bubba, will have to make sure I keep filling his hottie to warm his bed.
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 11:38am
Seems like you are enjoying your wee man Skyflame, the sleep deprivation is hard aye? But it does get better - or maybe you just get used to it .

Elle was the same with her wind, and she would get really upset, we tried boiled water - which worked pretty much, but at the moment we are trialling Infacol - which seems to be working too. I also hear gripe water is good for some babies.

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:44am
Julie, it sounds like wee Caleb is doing really well :) Hope things are going great for you all
Can't wait to join this thread properly!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>