FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 120>
Author
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:20pm
No more breastfeeding here for baby    The breastmilk was not a success at all. But at least we know now. I hope we see a Paed soon!

Ella must have been sick of Reuben's crying/screaming too... she gave him a pep talk: "Now, Reuben. No crying today. And no 'eh eh'. No crying, Reuben! ...No laughing, mummy". (eh eh is his 'I'm about to scream next' noise). Ah, she's funny, that girl.
Andie
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:32pm
Sorry to hear that it was the breastmilk causing complications Andie. I know it must be hard ti stop, but like you said, it's good to know.
That's so cute about the pep talk - she sounds like such a great big sister!

Here are a couple of tummy pics... these are from 15 weeks

My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:43pm
Anna you little hottie, you! That has to be the cutest wee bump ever!
Andie
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 12:10pm
Looking GREAT Anna! Definitely a cute cute bump. Do you have a gut feel of what you are having?
Does it feel similar or different to last time?
Andie, it is great you know which way you are going now. I know it was a hard decision but it definitely sounds like it is for the best. You have tried all the options and a happy baby is the only way to go. Cute about Ella.
Both my boys and colds and are miserable. Was up most of last night so feel rubbish today. Just taking it easy. They are both sleeping now so I should get off here and rest myself. I thought of you last night Emma and thought you are a star to be managing four!
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 10:35pm
Hey ladies - how you all and how are your kiddies.?
Hope all is well. Lily is doing really well, she is in daycare for 2 full days and she just loves it.

Take Care

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:32am
Ha ha Kath, not a star, just well accustomed to sleep deprivation. I had one night last week when all four of them slept thru and I woke up at 5am in a panic - I'm not used to unbroken sleep!

Big hugs Andie, I'm sorry the great experiment didn't yield the result you wanted, but at least now you can deal with part of the problem. The gremlins were exactly the same - right ferals on breast milk but perfect angels on Neocate, and by studiously avoiding everything till 10 mths we managed to stave off the allergies save for nuts, so it's not neccessarily a life sentence for wee Reuben. It's promising that Ella has done so well with her allergies decreasing in severity with time too.

Great belly pic Anna!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:32am
Oh and how is the TT going Danni?

And *huge waves* to Kellz and Isla!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 1:19pm

Hi everyone....man I must be the only one not with another baby by now, or one on the way, or one trying to happen....poor Ethan the lonely only child....

Things are all good here, fully fully toilet trained now, only  a night nappy  which is often dry.

In my other news I have been offered a new job, I wasn't looking for one, but have been offered a position as a head teacher/supervisor in the babies centre where Ethan goes. I have pretty much said yes, but have been stressing to the point of midnight panic attacks over it all. Not actually the job, but the fact that I would have to work more hours, leave the comfort zone of where I am now...blah blah blah...nothing really to stress about it's just a big change....

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 1:47pm
It sounds great though Natalie, a big change, but great all the same. Congratulations. That is awesome to be offered something when you weren't actually actively looking. Yours skills must just shine out!!!!
I have just been to a school fair and got so many bargains - feeling very pleased!! I joined in with all the other people pushing around a table grabbing at things all over the place, filling up plastic bags etc. It was craziness!!! I filled a bag with awesome puzzles, toys etc for ten dollars and then another one with books. Lucky I didn't have any more hands or even more would have come home. Such great things though - vtech toys, awesome DK books, great great educational puzzles and games!
I started toilet training this week and the first few days went well but I am just not sure if he is quite ready. The first couple of days it was all a big novelty and he loved having his big boy undies on
and going in the potty. The last two days though have been more of an effort.. If I don't remind him every half an hour or so he has a wee accident (which doesn't bother him) We don't make a fuss about it - just change his pants and carry on but it makes me wonder if he is not ready yet. Some of the time when I say about going to the potty now he says "no wee wee" . Do you think all that means he is not ready or should I just keep trying. He loves wearing his undies! He has even taken a whole pile of his new car ones to bed with him!!!! They are all piled up by his pillow. Funny wee man,
Emma, maybe I will just get used to sleep deprivation too. I laughed when you woke in a panic at five thirty!
How are you doing now Andie?
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 3:26pm
I'm exhausted, Kath! Got Reuben's Paed appt today... for mid-June! Stuff that for a joke - time to take action. Plus, we'll need a steady Neocate supply by long before then.
I'm very impressed with Oliver and Ethan's TT progress! And that is just too cute about Oliver taking his undies to bed!
We're still gradually introducing the concept for Ella - basically I catch her with the 'doing poos' look on her face and we go to the loo... she's all excited about using the toilet, hops on, then holds it. Really wants to use the loo but just can't! And she ends up terribly constipated, so I only let her do a few days of trying before just pretending I don't notice her 'going' in her nappy until after the deed is done. I also dose her up with a glass of Soy when she's too constipated to actually do it... how dodgy is that, using her intolerance like that! Doesn't cause her stomach pain though, so I'm not really that mean. Am I ?!    

Natalie your job offer sounds awesome!! Congrats on being head-hunted too - you know you rock at your job when that happens! I hope the nerves calm down soon. Do you think it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, whether or not toddlers have siblings? I think they're lucky if they do, and lucky if they don't. Those without siblings get mum and dad to themselves, and haven't had a tired grumpy mum for the year that she was preggers then with newborn. Pro's either way, I think   

My poor girl's had grumpy mummy (and screaming brother) all morning, so I think I need to break out the new Play-Doh with her this afternoon. *Big Hi to Emma and Kelly and Shelley too! Hope work is good this weekend Kellz    Hope you get another decent sleep again soon, Emma!
Andie
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 3:57pm
Ah, I feel better now that I've geeked. Started here, went to the January thread, Facebook, checked the e-mails, back on here and I'm done! It really is like a coffee break for mums!
Hey who else is excited about the new Huggies promo? I'm thrilled about it. Ella has a pretty play-tent in her room and loves it, so I wanted to get Reuben one, but smaller 'cause his room is smaller, and preferrably black & white. Then what do I see? Just perfect, that offer! Even better I've been saving my barcodes since the last offer and just need to buy wipes and I can order away.
Andie
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:17pm
Hey everyone TTng is going good were are only really trying in the weekends as wer are home all the time then so we'll see how he goes over Easter then we will try a day at day care in undies and nappies for naps last weekend he only had one accident so am very proud of him.

He has however created a habit of sleeping on the floor so don't really know what thats about might just leave him to it when I go check on him when I'm going to bed he is snug against the doorr put him back in bed he is still out to it and when I go wake him up in the morning there he is again back on the floor right up to the door I thought maybe it was because the light comes in underneath so then turned on a night light for him but he still does it

That is awesome Nat about that job well done.

Sorry that your test didn't go to plan Andie and that Rueben has to go onto neocate.

Cute belly Anna.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:11pm
Yay James! Good work Danni! Not sure about the floor thing, but I often go in to check on the girls and find Mercedes asleep at the foot of Sienna's bed. I just leave her there, I think she likes feeling close to Sienna.

Hang in there Andie, I promise it does get easier. The crap times seem to last forever then one day you wake up and realise that it hasn't been that bad lately. Good luck with the paed thing. I wish I could help re: the Neocate but I gave the few tins I had stashed away to one of the Auck mums who was waiting for a #.

Well done Ollie going on the potty too! I'm gonna buy the gremlins potties tomo, Sienna is doing OK with the toilet but Mercedes flatly refuses so I'm hoping a potty will be more attractive to her.

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:35pm
Just checked on Jame sand he is still in his bed lol.

another thing I was wondering is how do you teach kids to blow their noses I try and try but he just doesn't seem to get it is it just something the start doing all of the sudden. When I say blow you nos he blows with his mouth.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:35pm
Just checked on Jame and he is still in his bed lol.

another thing I was wondering is how do you teach kids to blow their noses I try and try but he just doesn't seem to get it is it just something the start doing all of the sudden. When I say blow you nos he blows with his mouth.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 9:10pm
Yep, gremlins do that too lol. I'm not sure when Maya figured out how to blow out her nose but I can't wait till they figure it out coz it will improve their ears heaps.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:49pm
I hear you on the snotty nose one! It is gross isn't it? I have been trying to practice nose blowing too but it also doesn't seem to be working.
Am not sure about the floor thing either. I guess as long as he isn't getting too cold and is sleeping ok? I really don't know?    Kellz, had some good bed tips maybe she can help?
Hi Martine? How are your wee boys?
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:15pm
So I took the job and I start in 4 weeks, could have been sooner but I am looking after my friends almost 2yr old daughter for 5 weeks, so couldn't really start any sooner, looks like I am going to get my chance to have two kids for a while anyway, will probably get hugely clucky while Annie lives with us, she is so dam cute...

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 8:57pm
Yay thats awesome news Natalie have fun with having two kids how old is she?

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:05pm
Great news about the job Natalie

lol about James and sleeping on the floor! Kids are so funny

We had the scan today and all is looking great and we didn't find out what it is!! I'm thinking a girl... just for fun, does anyone want to take a guess?
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 120>