FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 120>
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 12:14pm
Hi everyone!

Thats great about the scan Anna.

Andie, sorry that your attempts to help Rueben have menat u had to stop bf. What are u gonna do about not seeing a Paed til June? Thats ages! Can u see one privately any quicker? How stressful. Cute about Ella's prep-talk!

Congrtas on the new job Nat. Sounds great. Doubt there will be a sibling for Isla anytime soon, so u definalty not alone there!

Danni, yay for james and the TT, thats great. Is;a is still along way off yet. Trying not to stress about it tho. No idea what to do about the sleeping on the floor thing. Can u keep his door open? We only shut the door if isla comes out, then we give her a warning that we will shut it if she comes out again. hardly ever have to shut it at all now. She is well used to sleeping with noise tho, and wont go to sleep if its dead quiet.

Hi Emma! Have missed u in here,..then we u come back I go awol for a week, lol! Any lans for Chiaras birthday? I wanna invite myself and need to book flights! Lol!

So last wed we went away to Matarangi on the coromandel,..got back last night. Was bridesmaid at my friends wedding on Sat. We stayed at my auntys house, and my parents met us there for the weekend too, and looked after isla while we were at the wedding. It all went great and we had a fab time!

Anyone else now getting up at the crack of dawn thanks to daylight savings?! I knew we would be in for 5.30am starts again,...and lucky us the first morning was the night after the wedding when we were out to the small hrs and hungover,..oh the joys! Lol!

Gonna have a quiet week catching up on washing and housework. Gotta choose taps ect for new bathroom which should be getting done in the next few weeks, yay! Im working Easter sun/mon, and we have my nieces 2nd birthday party on sat.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 1:11pm
Wow, a busy Easter, Kellz. The bridesmaiding sounds great fun - pity about the pre-dawn wake up call tho!

Yaaaayyyy about the flash new job, Natalie! Congrats on your decision! It sounds very cool.
I was thinking, Danni, I find Ella napping on the floor heaps too - or on top of the toy trolley that's sooo not built to take her weight (it's a disaster in the making!). Usually she's stripped to just her nappy, too. But recently she's been emptying her clothes drawers, trying the lot on, then dozing off in random outfits like a tutu skirt, shrek ears and boots.

I'm very happy about Reuben's Pead appt - I checked when Ella's was (was made months ago) and it's next week - our GP rang the hospital and the Doc said she'd let me swap them since Ella's in more of a review and Reuben's is more urgent. Stoked! I'm hoping he won't be tummy-buggy by then - I think he's caught it but if he has it's either just beginning, or not a rotten dose. I'm just coming out the end of another bout. Lordy!

Hey are people planning easter-egg hunts for Sunday? I've got these cute Easter treats to hide around the place for Ella and a Dora easter tin she can put them in... can't wait! Hope it's a happy Easter for everyone.
Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 1:34pm
I'm wanting to set up a Easter egg hunt for Brenna and her cousin Ava, just keep forgetting to ring my SIL to ask her if she wants to do it!
IL's are coming over for tea tonight so I've been busing in the kitchen making a lemon merangue pie - what a domestic goddess! (There's flour everywhere and I can't be arsed cleaning it just yet so I'm on here instead lol)

I can't remember if I've posted this already... we had our anatomy scan on Mon and it was great! Everything is looking wonderful and we've decided to keep it a surprise.

J is finishing my hot water cupboard that he started building me 3 years ago ( I think he's finally had enough of the nagging lol) so now I'll have a nice warm place to finish off drying my clothes in winter.

That's great about swapping the appt Andie. What a relief!!

Hope everyone else is having a nice wknd
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 1:34pm
Duh, I just looked back and saw that I posted at the top of this page about the scan - call me a blond!
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 2:26pm
And I'd forgotten to say what my guess was! Girl, I'm thinking     and I'm going for... 7lb9 (what did Brenna weigh in at? I might change my guess!). Yay about the hot water cupboard - niiiice. Almost as nice sounding as Lemon Meringue (go, you good thing, you).
Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 7:31am
Brenna was 7lb12. I hope this one comes out as easily as her too
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 1:09pm
I am going to say boy and reckon he will be 7lb 10oz.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:02pm
I'm saying girl and eight pounds two with a nice easy birth.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:48am
I'm with you on the nice easy birth bet! Anna do you think you'll do a waterbirth again?

Reuben saw our Paed and the wheels are in motion for his Neocate    ...and he's already at the upper limit for reflux meds so that's as good as that gets (shhhit) ...and next time Ella has a hospital appointment it'll be for her food challenge for dairy - woo-hoo!!! I'm having a good week 'cause I finally bought new pants (been waiting to see if I'd regain my usual weight after losing it once Reuben was born before I shelled out for new pants. But that Farmers sale got the better of me and now I own pants that fit properly - niiiice).

Did everyone have a nice Easter? I was recovering from that blardy virus for most of it but it was great that Jono could be around to look after the kids, 'cause I kept having to go to bed! We don't normally see so much of each-other over the weekends so it was lovely to feel all very 'family-ish'.
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 12:13pm
Glad things are in motion for getting the Neocate. Stink there is nothing else for the reflux tho.
Yay for new pants!

Our Easter was good. I worked sun and mon tho.

Been getting myself down a bit about how I will possibly some with being preg/having 2 kids when Im already exhausted after my 2 days of work, arghhh. I know I worry way way too much, but its stressing me out and I dont know how to stop worrying about it. Scared of ending up like I did with Isla and soooooooo dont want that again. arghhh.

Isla is good, still gonna be ages til shes toilet trained I thing. Feel like I should be doing something to make it happen quicker, but dont know what!

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:51pm
I'd say don't put yourself under any pressure Kellz regarding TT. Brenna still wears a nappy for bed and doing poos and I'm not going to try and rush her - I've figured she'll do it when she's ready.

That's great about the appt Andie and yay for shopping.

We took Brenna up to AKL zoo today and she loved it! I'm shattered now though and Jeremy is asleep on the couch snoring! lol
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 4:31pm
Hi everyone
Kellz we are going very slowly on the TTing. There is still heaps of time so I really wouldn't worry. Isla will do it when she is ready. Heaps of children are not toilet trained at this age.
Your wedding sounds awesome. Must have been great being bridesmaid and being so involved.
Sorry to hear you feel a bit down - so hard being tired from work and then having a toddler. I always tend to over think things when I feel like that. I can understand the feeling worried how you will cope thing. One good thing to remember is that you have done it once and come out the other side with the most gorgeous wee girl. You know how to access help if you need it and you can also put things in place before the baby is born to give you time and support.   You will probably find that the baby thing seems so much easier this time around. Also Isla will be at an easier age by the time you have another. PLUS you can come on here and we'll be here anytime.
Awesome about the appointment Andie.
We are all well. We had an awesome Easter. Before that I was feeling so tired and a bit over things. Night wakings were getting me a bit down so the break away was fantastic. We got out and did lots of walks. I feel much more refreshed.
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 3:53pm
Hi girls,

It has been ages since my last post. I have been lurking but not writing.

We are all pretty good at the moment. We have all been sick recently with tummy bugs, colds etc etc but all seems to be good right now.

Kellz I also wouldn't stress about the TT. We have only just started and I think it is going to take a while until Ollie is properly trained. I have been getting a bit of pressure from both my mum and mother in law but I don't care - Ollie will do it in his own time - at the end they all catch up anyways and I also think that the parent has to be ready before you start.

Andie I am pleased that you are finally getting over your bug - it is awful feeling like you have no energy - yay for DH being around to help you out!

Anna - cool that you went up to the Auckland zoo - I have never been before must make the trip some time :) can't believe that you are already over 20 weeks - where has the time gone?

I hear that Emma is off to Sydney visiting her parents - how exciting!!!!

Kath sounds like you had a nice relaxing easter and were able to get out and about. Going for walks is always so refreshing isn't it?

We are off to the Gold Coast at the end of May for a 10 day break - can't wait! I think Ollie is going to have a blast as we are going to take him to Sea World and Australia Zoo - he is really into animals at the moment.

How is everyone finding their children's behaviour at this age? I am finding Ollie quite a challenge some days as he throws a lot of tantrums!! He is generally pretty good. Is everyone's little ones still having afternoon naps?? Some days I struggle to get Ollie down and he just doesn't sleep so I leave him to play with his toys.

Ollie is starting a preschool next term on a Thursday so I am really looking forward to that. He already goes to a local community creche on a Friday and he loves it so going to the preschool will also be good for him and it also means I get to have more quality time with Sebastien.

Speaking of Sebastien he is a little monkey! He is growing up so quickly. You realise when you have your second child that they grow up so much quicker than when you have the first one because you have so much more time for your first child. It makes me soo sad!! He is great though and such an opposite looking boy to Ollie. They are going to be great playmates when they get older. He has his 9 month check up next week will be interesting to see how much he weighes. He was 9.2 kgs at 6 months so he must be well over 10 kgs!!

Sorry if I have missed anyone else and waves to you all.

Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 4:38pm
Hi Martine!
So lovely to read your big post. You made me feel better when you wrote about the tantrums - about half an hour ago I ended up in tears as I was feeling so over my Ollie. Obviously I love him to bits but he is SO strong willed and demanding. Lots of tantrums over such stupid things. Today I wanted to do something nice and go to the park. Sometimes it feels like a mission getting them both sorted but I was really organised and all set to go then Oliver just threw big tantrums about getting his shoes on and getting dressed etc. He is so determined about everything. It just gets so tiring trying to be patient but also firm and consistent.
I was feeling really sad too because Harry is growing so fast and sometimes I feel like I am so busy having to sort Oliver and toilet training etc etc that he just lies around on the sideline.
Harry is a big boy too Martine. I think he will probably be around the same size as your Sebastien at six months too.
Lucky you going to the Gold Coast. That will be fantastic.
We still have day 'rests'. Sometimes he sleeps and other times he just rests. I downloaded an 'In the Night Garden' audio book from Itunes and he listens to that in bed. It keeps him really nice and relaxed and is a good rest. Usually he falls asleep with it on. It has been my life saviour as it was starting to be a struggle to get him down in the daytime.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:34pm
What a good idea about the audio book Kath! Brenna still goes to bed each afternoon for about an hour but would only fall asleep about once a month. At least it means she has a bit of down time. Yes, behaviour here is a battle too. She seems to go through phases where she doesn't want to doa thing we say to then being a lovely thing...I keep telling Jeremy that it's her age, not her personality behaving like that. It makes me feel better to think of it like that otherwise I find myself getting very frustrated with her...ah the joy of 2 year olds!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:43pm
How long are you kids sleeping at night if they dont have a day sleep? Im guessing that its longer than Isla, but will be intersesting to see.
Isla still always has a sleep at about 12.30 for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, and sleeps 10 1/2- 11 hrs at night - so 12 hrs a day total.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:10pm
Brenna does about 11 1/2 - 12 hours at night so they're about the same for a 24 hour period
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:50pm
Probably the same here too over the 24 hour period - maybe sometimes 13 hours?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:10pm
Gremlins do 7pm til 7am (with 1-2 wake ups most nights) and are not having a day sleep regularly, just a nap the odd day if they are really tired and occasionally they crash out in the car if we've been out.

Sounds like most of the Oct kidlets are taking their time with the TTing which is a relief - my mum is like yours Martine, keeps telling me they should be TTed by now . Mind you, I will confess that part of it is laziness, I think only the past couple of weeks that they've actually been ready but I've done nothing about it. Sienna will wee on the toilet if you put her on it, but Mercedes is still flat out refusing to even put knickers on.

We haven't been too bad tantrum-wise here lately, but they have their moments, believe me!

I survived the flight over with the four of them, the gremlins were great, they played really nicely, it was lil miss that was hard work and wanted to climb everywhere.

We're taking them to the beach tomorrow which will be cool, they love the beach.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:11pm
Oh and Anna, I think girl, just over 8lb. (only coz so far lil miss is the only girl in the Oct siblings...)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 120>