FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 120>
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 1:04pm
Hi everyone!

Very quiet in here at the mo! Hope everyone is good.

Nothing much to report here. Isla is good, doing better and better with the TT thanks to bribery! Lol!
Work is going good, really enjoying it. Happy just doing 2 days still tho.
Nothing to report on the ttc front either, other than Im sick of waiting for af to arrive each month. Didnt have any of that with Isla as we got preg the first month! Was hoping that would happen again.
Sponsored Links

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 1:38pm
Hi
Am sure it won't be too much longer Kellz. It is horrible waiting each month isn't it.
Our TT still going the same. We have accidents most days (the odd one with none) but he is happy wearing his 'In the Night Garden undies' and he generally goes happily to the potty when I remind him(sometimes have to bribe with a coin for his money box - he has no idea of the money concept but loves posting it in the slot!) It is saving me money on nappies and he is happy with it all so I think I may as well just keep going.
Nothing much to report here. Feel tired still most of the time but I guess that is normal with a baby and toddler and breast feeding - sigh! Harry is so cute. We have just started solids. He is six months in a weeks time and it has just flown. He is such a happy wee boy - I just love him to bits!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 3:01pm
Wow 6 months already! I bet its extremely tiring with more than one, especially bf.

Islas not in undies. She ocassionaly wears them but always wets herself within like an hr. Still using pullups- sometimes she will go up to 8 times on the loo in a day so is doing well, other days only 2 or 3 times. If she is wearing undies she gets annoyed with me asking her if she needs to go, but wearing pullups I dont ask, and she just takes herself. She doesnt use a pitty or a kid loo seat- we have both, but she prefers to climb up on the loo and balances herself on there well. lol! Had a completely dry night once last week- was a fluke but we were so proud!

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 8:02pm
That's great about the TT Kellz and Kath. Things are just plodding along here as normal. Brenna is loving kindy and I'm counting down to the end of term when I finish work. The kids I have this year are the same as last year and they are really cool, but I just feel like I'm ready for a break from working. I only took 3 months off with Brenna before I went back part time so can't wait to have a decent break this time!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 7:20pm
*Secret squirel whispers* Im pregnant!
Are gonna wait til we tell the in laws tomoro before we announce it to the world! So excited, had to tell u guys!!
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 8:16pm
YAY!!!! That is awesome. Huge congratulations! It didn't take long after all! Well done! Very excited for you.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 8:42pm
Congrats Kelly!!!!!!!!!!! That is such great news
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:31pm
YAY YAY YAAAAYYYY!!!!   Aw Kelly, that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you and Brent and Isla. Very cool. I just about jumped out of my seat when I read that!

Wow time's flying - Harry's on solids already?!? Can't believe it's been 6 months! Congrats, Kath     
And how long till the end of term, Anna? Bring on the maternity leave. Yee-ah.

Ella had her food challenge for dairy on Thursday and Oh Yeah she has outgrown the allergy!! Woo-Hoo!! We don't yet know to what extent, but certainly not anaphylactic now which is all I really needed to know. We went to LoneStar the next night and she ordered off the menu - so cool. She also ate their table salt straight off a plate and when I wasn't looking I caught her with my mini wine bottle tipped into her mouth... hrmmmm. It was so fun letting her taste everything off our plates (except my prawns). Having the best weekend here - I did Kapiti Isl yesterday and it's so worth it. Had a kids party today, and Reuben even behaved himself for it! He's teething but isn't yet old enough to use a teething toy properly, so Jono tied one on his playgym so it sits just in his mouth... seems to work!

Far out I'm happy for you, Kellz.
Andie
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:11pm
Congratulations Kellz that is very exciting news!!!

Glad to hear that the food challenge test came back with great results Andie - you must be wrapt!

Wow Kath I also can't believe that Harry is already 6 months old - time really has flown.

Hope the maternity leave isn't too far away for you Anna - you must be counting down the days.

I have my hands full at the moment with my boys. Ollie has been a real challenge lately with his demands and I just found out today that Seb has an ear infection - our boys have never had ear infections so was really surprised to find out Seb had it. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

TT is going OK. Ollie has been pretty good with doing wee's on the potty and yesterday finally did his first number 2 - I was so proud! Hopefully things will progress alot quicker now as I really want to have him TT before he starts kindy later this year.

Waves to everyone else
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 8:48pm
Teehee, that's so spooky that I thought of you and texted you last night just as you were posting Kellz . I second Andie - there were lots of excited squeals here last night, we are so excited for you guys!

Quick his to everyone, will post more later.

Oh and i just posted a pic of the gremlins on FB with their certificates from athletics prizegiving, Mercedes came 3rd overall in their age group, and Maya and Sienna got merit certificates. I am so proud of my girls!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:35pm
Wow thats awseome news Kellz havenm't been on here for a while and was great to come back bact great news congratulations.

Congratsx again Andie o0n the great news of Ella's food challenge must make life alot easier.

Also clever wee gremlins and Mays on their athletics.

Everyone is doing really well Buy the sounds of things. :)

I will update us when I get back from cutting all my hair off.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 8:38am
Oooh Danni - got a great haircut?

Ella picked up germs at the beginning of last week and quickly shared them, so it's been some long days and nights here! Reuben is just not equipped to deal with the 'flu yet, poor little fella - his turned into Man-flu and he even managed all-nighters thanks to it!

I just took on a new little not-job (is a voluntary position) and I'm all excited about it! I'll be a 'Mentor Supervisor' for a new agency in NZ called Fresh Perspective (you can find them on Google if you're feeling nosey) - it's all about hooking parents up with others who are trained to be Mentors, to offer them a hand in a supportive way. It's a way cool agency! Only a few hours a week for me, which is about right for where I'm at these days. I do love working, but I'm enjoying staying at home with Reuben and Ella more, especially while they're so little.

Hey, who else has seen that awful Yo Gabba Gabba? What the...?!? Is the presenter guy there to promote acceptance of special needs? cause if he is, then it all makes sense, but if not, what were they thinking?! Kids shows were so much cooler when we were little, eh.
Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:33am
Cool about the not-job Andie It's feel great to do volunteer work. I used to do riding for the disabled and will do it again one day when I have more time. I've also thought about volunteering for the ambo service in the future but wonder how emotionally tough that might be with the things they must see...

Never heard of Yo Gabba Gabba!?! Is it a SKY programme?
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:34am
I think they should bring back Fraggle Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:12pm
James likesthat programme I think because it has a robot he seems to be into them at the moment he puts the washing basket over is head and pretends he is one. What I don't get is if it is from the 70's or is made to look like it is I fingd it very bizarre.

james is good he's getting really big now is about up to my hips and is picking up on everything it amazes us with how much he actually knows his grommets have fallen out so will be interesting to see if he will need them put back in or not.

Just been back up Warworth again as my Nana has got cancer again and is starting to go down hill but she seems to be dealing with it pretty well so thats good so will be up again some time soon.

Heres my Haircut.

And one of James.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:16pm
James likesthat programme I think because it has a robot he seems to be into them at the moment he puts the washing basket over is head and pretends he is one. What I don't get is if it is from the 70's or is made to look like it is I fingd it very bizarre.

james is good he's getting really big now is about up to my hips and is picking up on everything it amazes us with how much he actually knows his grommets have fallen out so will be interesting to see if he will need them put back in or not.

Just been back up Warworth again as my Nana has got cancer again and is starting to go down hill but she seems to be dealing with it pretty well so thats good so will be up again some time soon.

Heres my Haircut.

And one of James.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:47pm
Cool haircut Danni
James looks so grown up in that pic!
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:06am

Wicked haircut! 

Andie
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:45am

Out of curiosity, anyone else getting some seriously challenging behaviour from their 2 1/2 year old?  I don't know if it's the age or jealousy kicking in, or a bit of both.  We seem to have achieved zero compliance here now, and I'm getting so tired of constantly putting out fires (not literally... she can't reach the lighters just yet).  At the point now where if I want to shower, I need to wait until Reuben has a nap so that I can take ELLA into the showerroom with me - used to be the baby who had to come!  But if I don't, by the time I get out my cosmetics are spread over various surfaces, kitchen is everywhere, CD's hidden, you get the picture.  Lots of tantys at the drop of a hat, too... anywhere.  I'm sure it's a phase, but it's an exhausting one!  Any of her other October buddies there with her?

Andie
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:05pm
Am with you - I am really reassured when I hear other people get it too. Sometimes I feel like mine is worse than everyone elses!!! Lots more jealousy and possessive behaviour with toys etc. He never used to be like that. I get silly tantrums about things like trying to help him do ANYTHING! It takes us forever to get out of the house because he has to do everything himself in his own time. I need more patience than I have some days!!! He He! Am also sure just a phase but it is definitely challenging especially when need to be somewhere quickly!
Anna, I LOVED Fraggle Rock. I forgot about that!
Awesome haircut - very stylish Danni!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 120>