FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120>
Author
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:41pm
I'm with you both too!! Especially with the "Brenna do it by self" motto. I'm wondering how the heck I'll cope when this baby comes along. I must admit, not all days are terrible, but there are definatley situations that can set it off and being sick etc....
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:37pm
It's scary thinking of how you'll cope with two when you're so busy with the one, eh... but if I can manage it, you'll be just fine, Anna!    You're down to the 2-digit countdown already?!? Eeeeek! Yay!
Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 6:40pm
OMG Andie - I hadn't even noticed that lol
I was just saying to J how today is the 1st day of winter and this baby is due on the last day of winter
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 7:26am
Hiya's! It's been forever!! How is everyone? Thanks for the heads-up on FB that the site is super-speedy now, Emma! How's this baby coming along now, Anna? That's amazing that your DH knows the sex and you don't... he must be great at keeping his trap shut!
How's your bub treating you, Kellz? Does Isla know what's about to hit her when baby arrives?
My baby is great - he finally rolled in the weekend at 5 1/2 months - he is such a cruiser I thought he'd never get there! Still gets a great deal of "love" from Ella, who calls him Wooben Doll, and really does treat him like one of her dolls. He's been well for one week in the last 5, but at least he's no longer man-sick! Getting his hips looked at again this week too, but I've just seen that Palmy hosp has an outbreak of Norovirus again, so I'm thinking, maybe we won't be going there! No thanks!

Are your toddlers looking very grown-up now? Ella isn't too toddler-ish these days (except at tanty-time!). I'm so proud watching her grow but it's happening so fast now. She told me the other day when she was angry, "No mum. I don't like you. You've got germs and bugs". Apparently germs and bugs is the new insult!
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 4:24pm
Lol about germs and bugs Andie. Sorry Rueben has been sick for so long. Everyone I know had had colds and infections lately- we have not been immune , but are well again at the mo.

I often look at Isla and think 'wow shes so grown up!', but when shes asleep she still looks like my wee bubba!

Im doing great. 11 weeks now. Saw baby on scan last week- theres definatly only one, however I am already massive, lol. I got a bump early on with Isla too so Im not really suprised. Isla loves to cuddle my belly and poke her finger in my belly button and tell me she touched the baby, and that its gonna come out of my belly button soon! Lol!

Isla has now been toilet trained for the last couple of weeks. Now goes all day at daycare without accidents too which is so great!

Hope everyone is good.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 9:03pm
That's so cool about the TT Kellz! and how exciting to see bubs on a scan. It makes it seem so real once you see that heart beat

Sorry to hear Rueben has been so unwell and cute at Ella's comment to you lol

Brenna also seems very grown up too. She loves going to kindy and asks everyday if she gets to go. It such a relief that she loves it cause man it was hard to leave her when she used to cry! The damn preggy hormones certainly didn't help either lol

Well only 4 1/2 more days of work for me - last day next Wed. Woo hoo!!! (I think...I'm kind of scareda bout being home full time cause it brings back memories of being home when Brenna was a bub and I wasn't particularly 'happy')
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 9:10pm
I have been worried about what I will be like after I finish work too Anna, for the same reasons. I finally feel like my life is back on track and Im totally happy, and being back at work 2 days a week has been a big part of that. It helps me to have plans and structure to my day- just before I went back to work I felt like how on earth was I gonna manage with keeping the house clean and working etc, so I wrote out a plan of job to do what days, give myself lunch/ohbaby break etc so that I have more structure and it worked for me! If I dont have certian things to be doing at a certian time or day i tend to leave everything and get stressed more.
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:01pm
Wow Anna 30 weeks already that has gone fast and kellz just about in the 2nd trimester man time goes fast.

James' toilet training is going pretty well still as the odd accident but other than that he's doing he puts himself on to the toiles and is even doing no2s on there now so thats good.

Took him for his first swim yesterday and he loved it wish I had taken him sooner but have cut my hours back at work so I can do more stuff with him so and loving spendin that extra day just me and him.

On a sad note ny Nana died about 2 weeks ago so was back up north for that she is in a much better place and the last couple of weeks can't of been easy on her she died of secondary cancer that was really rapid.

Emma OMG I cannot beleive how much your girls have grown saw the photos in your signature I am finally starting to see a little difference between the Gremlins now and little chiara is such a cutie.

Sorry Andie that Reuben has been sick for so long, it sounds like ella is really good with him and loves her little bother to death.

Edited by Danni-chick

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 1:44pm
Aw, Danni, I'm so sorry to hear about your Nana
Andie
GabysMummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:32pm
hi ladies.. i am SO slack, i keep joining & forgetting I've joined! Anyway my DD is Gaby (Gabrielle), born October 26. We live in ChCh & me & my partner have just started TTC! It'll be my 2nd & his 1st, so it's very exciting!

moogles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moogles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 2:58pm
Greetings! My son Harrison was born 19th October 2006.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 6:58pm
Hi to Moogles and Gabysmum My girl Brenna was born 27th Oct. We are normally quite chatty in here but have been a bit slack the past few months.

Where is everybody???
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:10pm
Im here!
Welcome Moogels, and welcome back Emma (GabysMum)!

How is everyone? Not long to go now for u Anna! How exciting! Saw midwife this am and booked 20 week scan- almost 1/2 way already! We wont be finding out the sex this time, so feel free to make guesses everyone!

Vusy with renovations, but stressful living in a construction zone- this is the 3rd week of having tradesman here everyday. All the internal walls have been plastered and are getting painted from tomorrow. Have had all the driveway/carpost and pasts ripped up, and should have all new concrete by end of this week- so far the garage floor/carpost and path to back door are done. The rest of the section is a muddy mess, fun fun!

DH lost his job on Fri. At the mo he is helping with work on the house, but will look for something soon. Not likely to get another cabinet making job tho cos all the companys around here are pretty slow at the moment.

Mum and Dad sold their house yesterday! They were just slowly getting it ready to sell, but it wasnt even on the market yet! Settlement is Oct 4, so they will be moving to Gisborne somethime after that- they may build, but will still be here by end of the year, yay!

Hope everyone is good. K
GabysMummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:42am
Sorry to hear about your DH losing his job Kellz... such a common occurance nowadays, it sucks!

thanks for the welcome-backs lol...

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 4:26pm
Sorry to hear about your DH's job Kellz. But YAY for your mum and dad moving to Gisborne!!!!!!! Perfect timing for arrival of your bub    I'm going to say that you're having another girl
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 4:40pm
Yeah I think Im having another girl too Anna!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 10:10pm
Yay for your parents selling Kellz! Not so yay about B's job, I was hoping that it wouldn't end up that way for you guys . Oh well - I guess he can always be a SAHD of two and you can work instead (dreams are free huh?! )

So close now Anna, I have been lurking in the August mums keeping an eye on you and Fiona, she's in labour right now so I'm hoping to have a squidgy new baby to visit really soon!

Yay for James being TTed Danni! The gremlins are now fully day trained too, the odd accident here and there but only like once a fortnight. I am still shocked at how easy it was, I reckon there really is truth in waiting til they are ready coz they got it so quickly. If I'd tried to push them earlier when my Mum was harping on about them being still in nappies it could have been a disaster.

How's things in your neck of the wood these days Andie? I watch your FB for updates (and get all the goss from Aimee when her and Greer are up)

*waves* to Emma and Moogles!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 3:17pm
Hi all! Long time no chat! I haven't been on here for ages, so I was so happy to see news of Ellie's arrival on facebook! I just lurked into the August thread to see if there's a pic of the wee girl but couldn't see the pic that's posted for some reason... I will go nose about on FB next! I'm so happy for you that she's here, Anna, and my heart goes out to you for how scary her first week must've been. Nobody wants to need NICU, and you're a real trooper for making it through! I hope Ellie's only getting stronger and stronger - glad she's home. I adore the name Ellie, by the way!

The gremlins sound like Ella with TTing, Emma. She did it when she was good'n'ready, and nothing would change that so I'm glad I didn't push it too much! Still in night naps though, and we still bribe with sweets for #2's. I was telling Kelly and Emma how Ella's behaviour can be, erm, mightily challenging these days! Those 2-year-old tantrums have nothing on the nearly-3-deliberate-naughtiness. Jono and I are doing the 6-wk Parents Inc 'Toolbox' course, and it's really good info, but the bulk of it is stuff that we're already using, so isn't very new to us - at least it's reassuring, 'cause there are days here where I wonder if I'm doing something terribly wrong or something! I think I just have a very strong-willed little girl, and that's fine, it'll pay off for Ella when she's older I'm sure. I'm counting my lucky stars that Reuben doesn't seem to be of the strong-willed variety (he's such a little cruiser!). One is enough! Despite the behaviour, I'm loving being a mum of 2. Love it, love it, love it!

I hope the job hunt is a quick one for B, Kelly. Is cabinetry something he could go out on his own with? Very cool about your folks moving into town.
My bet is: Boy
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 9:15pm
Had the 20 week scan Wed, and although I tried to make myself not look,...I did and Im sure there were no boy bits when I got a clear as view of where they should be. Im no sonographer tho, so Im so not gonna believe what I think I did or didnt see, lol!

Congrats again Anna. Hope things are going well with Ellie at home. Im sure Brenna just loves having a baby sister!

Brent already has another job thanks Andie. He was only off work 2 weeks, and got paid for that, and by the end of the first week he already had another job to go to. So lucky, and hes so much happier there so its all good. Pay is the same, but no work van so down to one vehicle which is a tad annoting, but Im gonna make him start riding his bike the 4km to work soon so I dont have to take him by 7.30am each morning!

Isla was the same with TT too- the minute we sugessted using the loo or potty she would freak and not use either for weeks- once I gave up and got used to the idea she would be in nappys forever, she did it all herself and quick as too. Was fully in undies at 2yrs7 months, and out of nappys at night too within 6 weeks. Has only wet the bed twice and both times she was sick.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:37pm
I haven't been on here for so long and when I do it is super quick. I am so sorry I haven't commented for ages in here.
Anna, CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of Ellie. I didn't know until I read this thread now. That is so wonderful and Brenna will be loving being a big sister. It sounds like you had a tough start going by what others have written. I hope all is ok now. I'll read in your Aug thread for more details. Hope you are ok. Big hugs.
Kellz, wow over half way. Great about Brents job. That is wonderful. How are you keeping? Hope the pregnancy is not making you too tired.
Andie, my wee man can be challenging too. He is also super strong willed! Just remember that later it will pay off - when they fight for the sunny room in the rest home for us!!!!! My Harry is so super placid and I am just so thankful for that. He is such a happy smiley wee man. Couldn't handle two fiesty ones!
Emma, I have been meaning to PM you for ages. Chiara is so gorgeous on the magazine cover. I smile every time I see it on a shop shelf. I almost feel like I know her now! What gorgeous outfits she got to wear too. You must be so proud.
Hi to everyone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120>