FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWellington Northern Suburbs Mum’s 2 B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
Author
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wellington Northern Suburbs Mum’s 2 B
    Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:12am
Would anyone who lives in the Northern Suburbs be interested in making new pregnant friends?

And maybe meeting up when it suits?

Sponsored Links

Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 9:57am
Hiya

Yep, I'm keen (we're also trying to organise a town meet-up too if you're interested for the 22 Aug - see other thread).

I live in Tawa - where are you based?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:51pm
I'm in Churton Park.

MichelleBails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 1:40pm
I'm Churton park too :)
Definitely keen!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:51pm
Oh nice. So how far along is everyone with there pregnancy?

I'm not overly well off with money at the moment, so can't really get to town to meet up, as then there's parking costs.

But maybe meeting somewhere in the surronding suburbs could be an option, or at each others home.

I just always feel a bit embarassed meeting up at cafes when I can't always afford to buy anything.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by escadachic

Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:59am
Hi guys

I'm 12 weeks today! Had my scan last night and all is well - the little monkey is soooo cute! So relieved to get past the 12 week mark - its been a bit stressful due to previous miscarriage.

I'm keen to meet in the suburbs. I hear you Kelly re money - perhaps we could just meet for a coffee the first time? There's that Herbs Cafe at the garden centre by Churton Park which is quite good? Or Queue cafe in Jville?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:54am
I'm 19 weeks yesterday.. Almost 1/2 way!!!!
Yeah, suburbs are good for me.. not working anymore so not in town much. Queue in Jvilles good :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:42pm
Yeah the whole waiting for the 12 week mark sux!

I've not had the misfortune of having a miscarriage, but when you've been trying to get pregnant and finally do, you get so nervous that you just might miscarry as it's so common and those damn pregnancy books and week by week things seem to make it worse by reminding you which weeks miscarriages are likely to happen.

But thankfully getting to 12 weeks and having the scan is reassuring.

Herb's cafe or Queue is all good. I know Queue gets quite busy, what's Herbs like?

I tend to feel anxious when there are too many people around. Is there any time of day when Queue or more quiet?

Has anyone found once you get to like 13-14 weeks pregnant you just seem to development a very pregnant belly magically so it seems?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:31pm
Here's a pic of my baby belly which just seemly to magically pop out hardcore last week.

Edited by escadachic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 10:35am
My belly has only just started getting big... I was pretty sick for most of the 1st few months though so haven't put on much weight at all... Think I'm starting to get there tho :)

Haven't been to Herbs cafe... Queue is pretty quiet as long as its not the weekend..? What kind of time/day suits you 2?

Yay for 12 weeks Kelly! I'll be 20 weeks 2moro!!! Have the scan in the afternoon... very exciting!

Have been feeling baby move this last week too which is awesome... went from tiny bubbles to big knocks... can feel and even see it from the outside now!!
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 3:08pm
Yay for a belly pic Kelly! I think my belly is starting to show slightly, perhaps more in the afternoons than in the mornings? Or maybe its just all those packets of twisties I've been eating .....

And 20 weeks tomorrow Michelle - that's exciting! I can't wait to start to feel movements.

Queue sounds good - I can only do the weekends as I work in town - hope thats oks? I reckon if we meet around 10.00am on a Saturday it would be pretty quiet. After 11.00 and you get the brunch/lunch rush? Or around 3.00pm when its died off again.

What do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 12:06am
I'm cool with 10am or 3pm. I'll go with whatever suits everyone else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 9:20am
Im away this weekend and next...not sure past that.. sorry to be a pain :P
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:48am
That actually suits me too Michelle!!

How about we pencil it for Saturday 29 August - 10.00am at Queue cafe?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 12:42pm
Sure :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 12:58pm
Yup that's cool with me too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 3:08pm
Sweet :)
So hows stuff going with you guys?
Signed up for antenatal classes yet? (I know I'm abit further along than you 2 but I was surprised at how few places were left when I booked ours when we were 15 weeks!)
Which midwives are you using? I'm due 30/12 so the BUSIEST time of year for midwives (plus loads of them are away for xmas etc) so couldnt find an independant midwife (and when it turned out we were 4 weeks further along than we thought had no chance!!) so we're with the primary care team at the hospital.. so far they have been great though... :) Have next visit on Tuesday!
Scan yesterday went well... actually think 12 week scan was more exciting cos you could see the whole baby alot more, cos the 20 weeks is checking so many things so much time was spent looking in such detail that I couldnt make out what was what (although scanner chick was awesome and did keep telling us..) all looking good though, baby all on track (we didnt find out the sex... I like the surprise :))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 3:27pm
I haven't signed up for any ante-natal classes yet.

Are there any over this way?

I am using 'Birth Options' midwives. My midwife is Victoria Panteleeva. She's Russian I believe. Haven't met her yet, as she was doing an induction on the day I had my first appointment at 11wks, so I saw another midwife from Birth Options.

Yeah I have heard December is a very busy month birth wise. Most of the people I know who are more pregnant then me are due then.

I think my midwife is going on holiday in Feb 2010 sometime, which is when I am due. So hopefully they have a back-up option in case I end up going past my due date.

Stuff is going ok with me. Though unfortunately green grapes having been making me feel sick. Which sux, cause I love them. I have been getting headaches everyday too

Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 9:33am
I've been really headachy lately too Kelly, probably for about two weeks now. So annoying. I've also had this weird sore throat during the night which seems to get better once I wake up in the morning. Random!!

I booked antenatal classes at Tawa College a couple of weeks ago, starting 27 Oct which seems early (as I'm due in Feb) but that was the latest I could get due to everything closing down over Dec/Jan. They run them at Newlands College too if you're looking for somewhere reasonably local Kelly. I would get onto it though as they do seem to fill up fast. Where are you booked Michelle?

My midwife is Sue Whitley (plus two others - I see them all and will have one of them during labour but its not guaranteed which one). She is awesome, really straight up and a bit of a character. Had my second appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat - sooooo cute!!

Yay for your scan going well Michelle - I can't wait for my 20 week scan. We're going to find out the sex I think.

Stink about the green grapes Kelly, I hate it when that happens. My tastes seem to be coming back after going off most things for about a month, I can drink the odd coffee again, yay!!

Have you guys bought much baby stuff yet? And is this the first baby for both of you? Its the first for me except my DH has two children from a previous relationship, we have them for one weekend a month.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 1:35pm
One thing I have realised about headaches. Not sure if it applies for everyone, but Pepsi gives me a major headache after just 1 cup. So not drinking Pepsi again

Regardsing baby stuff we have brought so far. Well so far we have got a real good deal on a Milano Capsule, pod & pram for $150 on trademe!!!   That was awesome!!! We got an immaculate bassinet on trade me for $49.

We got a porta-cot from K-mart for $69, it was the last one too! Got an awesome bath from K-mart which has an insert for when the baby is a newborn built-in and little things to play with attached to the side and shell looking toys, which can be used to wet baby when it's lil. That cost $50 I think.

Got a few unisex clothes on trademe for good prices and got some new ones from K-mart, Farmers, Baby Factory and got 1 cot blanket with Pooh-bear on it.

And got the best deal on a frontpack on trademe, $5 and it's an Elite, which new are $80.

And of course have a Baby's first years book.

I used to have some baby stuff from when my daughter was born, but lent it to my younger sister and well, let's just say she's real good at losing things or lending them to people and never getting them back GRR!!!

But I still love my sister to bits even if she does do that

So what's everyone else brought so far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>