FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2010 babies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 653654655656657 659>
Author
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 8:37pm
Congrats Black Friday!!

NovMum we also brought our 15 month jabs forward - similar reasons to you - all went fine she wasnt impressed with the jab in her arm!
Sponsored Links

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 10:05am
NovMum, I also brought DD's MMR forward
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 12:58pm
I got the letter about bringing the MMR forward but think I'll probably just wait.

Such an awesome sunny day here! DS is sleeping but when he wakes up I think we'll go and feed the ducks

newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:14am
If you bring the MMR forward, do the antibodies stick? DS's GP was suggesting otherwise. But I have no understanding of it

Yay for the All Blacks!

Gosh our son is an easy to look after little boy! He's so good at entertaining himself. Playing with an empty Powerade bottle for AGES. Before that he was 'driving' 2 wooden blocks around and around the lounge. Ahh we are so in love with him
NovMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 1:03pm
From what I understand is that the reason they moved it to 15 months was to make it more effective, so you get 90 / protection. Then full protection once they have the second one at age 4. They are not sure what percentage protection you get from having it earlier so DD will have her second one with the rest of her 15 month jabs, then will have full immunity.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 1:05pm
I think I heard something about having to have another booster or something 30 days later, but I could be wrong. My brain is mush at the moment and memory failing me!

I sometimes feel a bit guilty that DS enjoys playing alone so much! Feel like I should be involved and doing something with him all the time, but he is totally happy with his own company. He does LOVE other kids though and gets so excited watching the neighbours children bouncing on the trampoline...

newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:38pm
Our rabbit Hazel died DP is DEPRESSED. He is a full-on animal-lover. MUCH softer on the animals than he is on me or DS. He is just sitting outside staring into space for what seems like the longest time. I really hope his favourite cat never dies.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:39pm
Oh no!

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 4:10pm
Juane, that 30 day booster is for the chicken pox vaccine if you choose to do that, not the measles.

The reason they are bringing MMR forward is because of the outbreak of measles in the Auckland and Waikato regions, it's not anything to do with it being more effective.

newbie, not good :(

I am so tired and grumpy, and over teething, seriously. I am not coping with such broken sleep still. The iron injection i'm getting later in the week better help some or I swear i'll end up in jail or something.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:47pm
I am also getting DD MMR done at 12 months, and DS's booster done this week instead of waiting till he is four. One kid has measels at our local school and I am terrified that someone at his kindy will get it. DD is there with me when I drop him off and pick him up, playing with their toys and other kids...so I am nervous.

Black Friday, huge congrats!!

LA, hope you feel better soon. With the button singlets, I get teeny weeny ones from farmers that are super stretchy cotton - they have sooooo much give in them, DS is still in his size twos and he is almost 100cm tall and wears size 3-4 in all his other clothes.

We are still doing 3-4 bottles, but 1/3 cow's milk and 2/3 formula. I'll do it the other way round next week,and then just straight milk. Next step is ditching the bottle!
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 3:51pm
I'm going to start doing the 1/3 cows milk to 2/3 formula, only problem is that I forget and just put the 200ml of water in and then heat it up- could always tip that out I guess lol.

Just ordered two size 2 singlets from nature baby, we had the size 1 ones, so doesn't matter that they're not button up. She hasn't been able to wear bodysuits etc for months now.

I'm feeling better today, thank goodness
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 4:07pm
I never bothered with mixing cows milk and formula. I just tried straight cows milk and made sure he was really hungry when I gave it to him
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 4:35pm
^^ I tried that, but she wouldn't have a bar of it. I'm left with little choice.
SophieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:41am
Whoop Whoop! Paige is ONE!! Finally....lol feels like we have been waiting all month!

wow strange to think this time last year I was in labour, 24 hours in and about to get an epidural and syntocyn...this year, I have my knee in a major brace, no weight bearing and cruthes! heres hoping next year is normal

hopefully Liv will learn to like the cows milk when mixed with formula LA. We will try the cows milk in the next few days or so, hopefully Paige just likes it :-)
k8harris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k8harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:28pm
Happy Birthday Paige! Yep this time last year it was all kicking off for me - Gray was born 25 hours later.

Just had our first 'boy parts' issue. Awkward for me. Looked painful for him!!
newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 8:45pm
Happy 1st birthday Paige! Is she having a party Sophie?

And Happy Birthday Gray for tomorrow

My name 'newbie08' is becoming a bit ridiculous! But can't be changed. Gonna look pretty silly as the years continue
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 9:48am
Olivia now has a runny nose :( have no idea why or how as none of us are sick, but she is happy enough, so lets hope it comes to nothing.

We are also dropping down to one sleep as of today, it is so hard to get her to bed before 9.30pm and i'm over it, I want to be going to bed before then lol. The timing is perfect too as she had a sleep in this morning so she will have more of a mid day sleep. I just hope this doesn't backfire and she starts waking at the likes of 5am instead of 7am.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 12:58pm
We've gone down to 1 sleep too most days. Some days he needs 2 but usually just the 1 at around 1230pm and it's usually about 1-1.5hrs. He's never been much of a sleeper during the day anyway.

We're almost a full time walker now...still does some crawling (for speed) but is enjoying walking from thing to thing, up to about 3m on his own.
We're also almost totally weaned - just the one BF before bed. DP is getting up to him in the night to try and break his cycle of waking at 3am for a feed. So far so good...although I imagine it'll be a case of 2 steps forward 1 step back for a wee while though.

Happy Birthday to Paige and Gray!
Hasn't the year flown by!

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 5:20pm
wow, just one feed over night, I wish that was the case for us :( lots of walking here too, main means of transport now.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 7:16pm
LA - during the day, if I kept offering the BF he'd definitely take it, but if I don't offer he doesn't ask and if he does ask on the odd occasion I offer him a drink of water or milk...he usually has a few sips and then he's off again. He has a big drink of milk in the morning with his breakfast, yoghurt and cheese during the day and plenty of water so I think he's doing ok.
Tonight he was so so tired that he only had a half-feed before bed...going to be interesting how that works out! Luckily DP will be dealing with that!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 653654655656657 659>