FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2010 babies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 655656657658659>
Author
SophieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 8:05pm
Well I am now able to walk without crutches!!! After 2+ weeks not doing much but hobbling around it feels like bliss :-) Truely missed looking after Paige, its weird becasue I still got to do alot of play and cuddling but actually missed all the little moments of picking her up, feeding her and "shock horror" changing nappies!

Back to pretty much normal now, although still have a thigh to ankle brace on and LOTS of physio to go but at least I can walk around

big news here, is that we have (or are...lol) transitioning Paige to a montessori floor bed (Linky). While I have been laid up, her night time sleep went out the window to the point that she screamed and screamed when you tried to put her in her cot. So while goggling about how to get her to sleep in her cot again, I came across this. After lots of investigation and reading I decided we had nothing to lose...lol!

We are onto day 2 now. First day, her afternoon sleep was non-exisent (she played instead) but went straight to sleep at night. woke twice in the night and when I went in found her just off her mattress. popped her back onto the bed, gave her a quick back rub and she settled right away. woke at 6am with a bit of a cry but no different from normal wake up.

Day 2 (today) - afternoon sleep, she went straight to sleep after a book and a bit of a cuddle. And tonight, to my amazement, she crawled off her bed when I left the room, had a bit of a play (about 5-10mins) and when I went back to check on her, she had crawled back to her mattress and put herself to sleep!!!

A bit out there but so far seems to be working heres hoping it continues!

Sponsored Links

SophieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 11:47am
Wow...life must be busy for everyone huh!? :-)

Our Internet has been playing up for a week so have been surviving without it....amazing how Many times you use it in a day!

Hope everyone is well :-)
newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 6:24pm
Hi! Yep busy life here Sophie. Teaching 5 days a week has me pretty knackered.

We have an fb group btw - "OhBaby! October '10 Mamas" it's a secret group, but you should be able to send a request and I'll add whoever still wants to join.
newbie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 3:14pm
Have added you as a friend Sophie

We finally might start catching up with the rest of the OECD - Labour announced they'll extend maternity leave from 14 weeks to 26 weeks. Not nearly as awesome as Canada etc, but it's a start!
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 10:27am
back to two sleeps here for the time being, but still in bed by 7.30pm each night, so much better. i'm also feeling human again :)
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 3:30pm
Hey all this thread has gone a bit dead hasn't it. I hope everyone is doing okay.

LA do you know what you are having this time round? I suspect I'm having another boy. I don't feel any different from my other pregnancies, but I have to wait another 28 weeks to find out poop!

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
k8harris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k8harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 8:13pm
Found out on Friday we have another on the way too. Due late July which seems far too close. Anyone live in Wgtn that had a good Midwife? Think we'll go down the MW track this time.
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 10:10pm
congrats k8 and dneyn - lots of babies now! k8 we used the midwifes who are part of southern cross - they were great
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 11:59am
Yay more bubs! I'm having my 12weeks scan today I'm scared but excited! Ive been tiring to keep myself coz my scan isn't until 4pm.

Newbie can you add me too the October fb forum, I'm Paula Baigent. I'm also on your June forum

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 3:17pm
Hello all. Man i havent been on here in ages, I keep forgetting about this. Im usually always on facebook. lol. i see there is a fb group, i have one on there and we keep in touch there, (i find it easier, lol)
Newbie, may i be added to it? Dneyn im a fb friend of yous, and i think theres a few others on here i am friends with to. I would like to keep in touch more often, Im just hopeless at remembering about ohbaby. lol. would love to know what all the babies are up to now. :)
thankssssssssssss
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 6:52pm
Squiggly whats your real name hehe

LA where are you

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:27pm
Paula Stok is my real name.
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 8:01pm
Thought it was you! I remember because we have same 1st name! How ate your kid lets going?

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 8:17pm
hehe yip it is i. lol.
my kiddies are fine, full of snot at the moment, but they are all good, how are yours? i see a congrats are in order for num 4!
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:22pm
ooh K8, congrats xx

dneyn, haven't been on OB much, it died in here and i've been overly sensitive in regard to weight topics in my new due thread so haven't been logging in.

found out today that we're having another little girl. i'm very happy. Liv will have a baby sister and a best friend in one, and I don't have to buy a thing (other than an attachment toddler seat for the stroller).
squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:06pm
Thats great news LA, how many months between your 2?
theres 3yrs 15 days between mine.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 4:49pm
there will be 19 months squiggly
squiggly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 11:17pm
Oh that will be exciting LA, so much fun!
Am i able to be added to the fb page? i hate to ask again, but at least you will be able to 'see me' hahaha.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 9:26am
I've tried to add you Paula but it won't let me... Will try again a bit later.

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 10:22am
haha, and so much work! lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 655656657658659>