FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author
Anna_j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna_j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:11pm
I'll join this thread.
After a week of stressing after having some pain made me think I may have miscarried, I had a scan today. All is fine. Yay!! Number 3 on the way! I thought I was 7 weeks, but turns out I'm only 6 weeks.
Anna
Sponsored Links

Tanithe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanithe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:15pm
Hi everyone my name is Tanithe and I have just found out I am pregnant with baby number 2. Lost baby number one at 17 weeks last year so am hoping for better luck this time around. Just had antenatal bloods today. Have my dating scan on the 21st of April because my doctor said I should wait until I am 7 weeks. At this stage it looks like I am due on the 8th of December but will see what the dating scan shows. I have equal parts excitement and fear with this pregnancy. I was very sick with my last pregnancy but wasn't working at the time so it wasn't a big deal but I've just got my first teaching job and can't afford to take time off. I also don't want them to know that I am pregnant until I get a permanent role as I'm only on fixed term at the moment. Sneaky I know but I need the job and I can't see that I would need too much time off work all things going well.

aydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:55pm
Hi everyone,
Think it's my turn to join this thread too
It's getting so busy with lots of December bubs. We are expecting number 2 - yay, very excited. Went for bloods yesterday and EDD is 09/12/12.
Our first scan is booked for 8th May - which feels like SO long away.
How did everyone else get such early scans booked in??
Wishing everyone a happy, healthy pregnancy x

Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:08pm
My Scan next week is a dating scan because my last period was at the beginning of March and lighter and shorter than normal. So just checking I am 5 weeks pregnant and not 9 weeks! You just need to tell the Dr that you're not sure about dates
Anna_j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna_j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:28pm
I got an early scan because I have such an irregular cycle (PCOS) so Dr wanted to get dating scan. My EDD 5/12/12
Anna
anna1983 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by luckystar luckystar wrote:

I wish I had a dating scan this week or next! But have to wait to see OB on 26th, which is going to be a long couple of weeks...

My morning sickness has not been too bad today at all, so of course the first thing I do is start to worry that perhaps something is wrong! Daft lady that I am! I know I shouldn't be so anxious about it, but until I've seen a little heartbeat in there, I don't think I will be able to relax into being pgnt properly iykwim!

Oh I can SO relate...I was worrying last night and first thing this morning that I was feeling quite remarkably good the last few days, after having nausea and breast enlargement and tenderness since one week after conception. But then I got up...and was hit by nausea and aching breasts again. My afternoon nausea appears to have had a wee break then turned into actual "morning" sickness!

Should be more careful what I wish for :-)

As far as our backstory goes...I'm 28, hubby is 30, we've been married for 6 years. Started trying in March... For financial reasons, as well as the fact that he hasn't been in a hurry to start having kids, as well as me having some problems with anxiety and depression thanks to some abuse in my past, we've waited until now - at times it's been a horrible wait as I've been really wanting to start a family and seems all my family and in-laws have been having them by accident or having them at an earlier stage of their relationsip because their financial situation is much better...have had some serious baby envy over the years, making me wonder how badly our friends who couldn't conceive must feel!!

Anyway, if this baby comes at 42 weeks, it might well be a 7th wedding anniversary present! It will be nice to be the one with the new baby at my in-laws family Christmas for a change :-) I'm an only child so I'm looking forward to telling my parents that they will actually be grandparents soon all going well!

As for names, I have some favourites but hubby doesn't like any of them and hasn't come up with any suggestins himself - I suspect the name might turn out to be a bit of a challenge - not many family names on either side that we like either!

Edited by anna1983
Sparkl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:14pm
Wow welcome to all the newbies, we really are getting a good group going now. I will update the list Totally agree about waiting a bit before a fb group, sounds like a great idea.

As for names Skrip we love Ruby too! And funny my Dad has the same name as you For boys we like names that are like last names eg Carter, Cooper, Hunter, Mason. Girls Ruby, Bella, Grace, Isla, Millie. I'm a teacher so lots of names are ruled out for me as I think of naughty kids lol.

As far as the intro goes DH and I are both 28. He's a farmer, i'm a school teacher. Don't want to say too much more for fear of stalkers haha.
Sparkl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:19pm

ChikkyD #2 EDD 01/12/12
anna1983 #1 EDD 02/12/12
AmberNZ #2 EDD 03/12/12
Niquey #2 EDD 04/12/12
Lucky Star #3 EDD 05/12/12
Jess3 #2 EDD 05/12/12
Anna_j #3 EDD 05/12/12
WWHT #2 EDD 07/12/12
Skrip #4 EDD 08/12/12
Tanithe Hall #2 EDD 08/12/12
Sparkl #1 EDD 09/12/12
aydee #2 EDD 09/12/12
Hannahlou #1 EDD 12/12/12
Reeree #1 EDD TBC
Luckymama23 #2 EDD TBC

Hope I've got everyone....
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Sparkl Sparkl wrote:

ChikkyD #2 EDD 01/12/12
anna1983 #1 EDD 02/12/12
AmberNZ #2 EDD 03/12/12
Niquey #2 EDD 04/12/12
Jess3 #2 EDD 05/12/12
Anna_j #3 EDD 05/12/12
WWHT #2 EDD 07/12/12
Skrip #4 EDD 08/12/12
Sparkl #1 EDD 09/12/12
aydee #2 EDD 09/12/12
BDTM14 #1 EDD 13/12/12
Reeree #1 EDD TBC
Luckymama23 #2 EDD TBC

Hope I've got everyone....

Just added myself :)

Hopefully when I go see my GP on the 24th she also send me for my dating scan...
My last AF was on the 8th March (first day of it) it was shorter than normal but had a normal flow so I think I am only 5 weeks...but who really knows :) My cycles were screwed cos I basically came of the BCP on the last weekend of Jan...got AF about 5 days later, lasted for like a week (normal for me) and then didnt get my next AF until like 35 days or so later...so after that I had no idea when I was going to O so I just guessed from around CD12 and went from there. DP and I basically BD from about 2 days after AF finished right right up until I O'd and then it was like everynight for 2 nights break and then we moved house cos we bought our own home (another first) so much was going on in March as it was also my birthday the day before we settled onthe house...and now we're preggers...
I just didnt think it was going to happen as i was stressing and felt kinda down...and then on Thursday last week BAM! BFP so happy but again still so surreal
hurry up april 24
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:07pm
Anyone see the news item about how they are looking at upping the maternity leave payout
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:48pm
It would be good if they extended maternity leave but unfortunately bill English is going to veto it so it won't go through
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:03pm
As this is going to be DPs parents first grandchild I thought that giving them this poem with a photo of our dating scan would be cool to tell him them that we are pregnant. Might even give it to my mum and Dad too but change first grandchild to newest grandchild

Dear Grandpa & Grandma,

I do not have a face to see,
... Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this December;
When they say I am due.
I am your first grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family
Sparkl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:29pm

ChikkyD #2 EDD 01/12/12
anna1983 #1 EDD 02/12/12
AmberNZ #2 EDD 03/12/12
Niquey #2 EDD 04/12/12
Jess3 #2 EDD 05/12/12
Anna_j #3 EDD 05/12/12
WWHT #2 EDD 07/12/12
Skrip #4 EDD 08/12/12
Sparkl #1 EDD 09/12/12
aydee #2 EDD 09/12/12
BDTM14 #1 EDD 13/12/12
Reeree #1 EDD TBC
Luckymama23 #2 EDD TBC

Sorry I must've deleted you off the list BDTM14, you were on there earlier oops. As for the poem I LOVE it! Might steal it, so perfect
Anna_j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna_j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 10:19pm
Can anyone offer me any advice/recommendations on midwives on North Shore, Auckland. I had my first 2 kids in Chch and had a fantastic midwife there. Hoping to get one I'm as comfortable with here. I've booked in to see Delwyn Evans at Maternity Associates. Anyone had her? Or recommend anyone good?
Thanks
Anna
Nightingale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightingale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:56am

Edited by Nightingale
Skrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:42am
OMG, that poem nearly made me cry! Darn hormones!

Hmmmm....midwives on North Shore I'm not sure about but I do know I would never ever recommend giving birth at NSH. I had Little Miss 2 there in Jan 2010 and they nearly made a fatal error with her birth. Not trying to scare anyone but I would hate for anyone to experience what I did.

Middle more is also out for me due to the stories in the press recently so we're aiming for Birthcare this time.

On an unrelated note, my boobs were killing me last night. I've never ever had sore boobs in early pregnancy before but I guess it's good to have some symptoms as MS appears to have gone MIA.....can't wait for my scan next week!

Edited by Skrip
WWHT:) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWHT:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:50am
Welcome to all the new December mums to be!   

BDTM14 - I think the idea of extended maternity leave was thrown out yesterday, bummer!

Anna, maybe Waitakere is an option for you? I've heard they're very good. You just might need a West Auckland midwife?

Quick story on me... I'm 32, this is my second bubs, though my son is 14 this year, so it feels like the first time again. This is DPs first and we're both thrilled.
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Anna_j Anna_j wrote:

Can anyone offer me any advice/recommendations on midwives on North Shore, Auckland. I had my first 2 kids in Chch and had a fantastic midwife there. Hoping to get one I'm as comfortable with here. I've booked in to see Delwyn Evans at Maternity Associates. Anyone had her? Or recommend anyone good?
Thanks

Im on the hunt for a Midwife on the North Shore as well.
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Skrip Skrip wrote:

OMG, that poem nearly made me cry! Darn hormones!

sorry :)
Its a great peom though huh

Yeah Im not too sure where we will go to have baby.
Its number 1 for us so really have no idea. Same with the midwife...

The thing that is getting me all paranoid at the moment is what exactly I can and cant eat. Its so frustrating...like earlier today I had a muesli bar for a snack...and then like not too long afterwards I read that you shoulndt eat peanuts if you're preggers...
man I have had like a muesli bar each day

I also read that you should eat any forms of Hummas...I had some (not really a lot) the other night at my sisters.

I really hope that the things I have eaten dont harm my baby
Sparkl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 11:29am
Welcome Nightingale and how awesome to get a BFP so quickly!!

BDTM14 I totally get what you mean about being confused about eating. I never knew that about peanuts! But I was stressing out last night cause I found out you shouldn't drink green tea and also that if you drink it and have folic acid around the same time it can prevent the absorption of it, eeek! I had being having my elevit and green tea both at breakfast daily so i'm going to stop that But in saying that you can do your best with the eating thing and try to eat a balanced diet for baby bean

Man I feel like i've got a huge hangover today, haven't actually been sick but just feel yuck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>