FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 47>
Author
soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 4:51pm
To all of you single mum i give you a medal. You guys have to be sooo strong and just amazing. My thoughts are with you all the way xxx.

Im going toward a water birth for sure. I love the water and Bee T im pretty sure they do it in Gizzy hospital. I cant wait to be in labour and experience it ( probably say the opposite once im in the middle of it ). Xmas came early today a friend of mine who has 3 kids just gave me 3 rubbish bags of clothes , blanket, cot sheet, changing table, car seat, breast pump, maternity clothes, moses basket etc just very cool. And all in good condition. I got given a cot and mattress too. Im so blessed ! I wont need to shop at all by the sound of it !!!! yeah !!!!
Hope all you girls are ok. xxx

Edited by soleil
Sponsored Links

WheresWally66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WheresWally66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 8:15pm
I know I'm going to regret this.....
Mumtomany what is "the ring of fire" exactly???? A water birth was sounding like an attractive idea until I started wondering what the above was!!
lovedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 8:44pm
hehe @ ring of fire mumtomany, I'll leave you to explain that one!

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement ladies, even though I'm new to the forum I appreciate the kindness

It wasn't until #3 that I thought about a water birth. I was too scared to even ask or outline what I wanted to do. I was basically told get to hospital, on the bed, push - kind of thing.

BUT I did run myself a very deep, very warm bath when I was labouring with DS #3 - it took the edge of the contractions. But I purposely waited, when you begin to contract you get all panicky, then it's starts getting a bit sore and you think that this is the pain - BUT NO. Once the pain became intolerable, I ran the bath - contractions were still 5 mins apart. I stayed in the bath for almost 3/4 of an hour, topping up with warm water.

Once that became intolerable I got out and contractions were 1 min apart.

Went to hospital, had baby 30-40 mins later

So I eventually got my timing right.

I know what I want my birth plan to go like now, and a water birth is definitely the one for me :)

Soliel, you are so lucky to have good friends that care about you enough to help you out like that! That's awesome news and it must be a real relief for you too!

Anyone else popped out like a pumpkin is tucked under your shirt?

Still no results back, hopefully Monday. Cramps are a pain, but will wait and see. Hard with fathers day this sunday and all the men I know are drop kicks lol
Solo Mama to 3 magic boys :)
M/C May 2012

phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 6:20am
Oh mumtomany i'm looking at a vbac & had completely forgotten about the ring of fire! lol

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 2:28pm
WheresWally66
Ekk ok basically when your perineum stretches out as the baby start's to crown it "can" not alway's feel like a chinese burn down there. It's because the skin needs to stretch out so Thin. Not nice but your baby is almost there when you get to that point. And like i said i have only had that with the one birth. They do say water helps with that the be honest. And most likely i only got with my water birth because he was born so very quickly

soleil
Wow that is fantastic to be given all that hun what a great friend.

I should add i am no longer a single mum and have been with DF for 6years now
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 2:30pm
lovedup
How long were your labours hun? I just clicked this is number 4 for you? for some reson i thought it was number 3 for you haha.

lovedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 5:48pm
hehe ring of fire, still makes me laugh at the saying (but not the pain!)

What is vbac? Gosh you'd think after 3 children I'd know...

Yes baby number 4 on the way - but yes it's been almost 10 years since I last gave birth!
DS 1 - laboured for about 4 hours (then 6 years later)
DS 2 - laboured for about 5 hours (then 14 months later)
DS 3 - laboured for about 40 minutes lol (knew what I was doing and what to expect)

The designer mum on one born every minute last week was AMAZING especially considering it was her first bub!

I'm totally loving and enjoying being preggers I am very happy and content and love how my body is changing and growing. I love the thought that I'm growing a baby and mindful that this will most likely be my last. The flutters are becoming more noticeable and I'm just loving the whole thing. I feel really blessed!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends
M/C May 2012

phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 7:35pm
Lovedup thats the best way to be. This one is just going to fly out!!!

Vbac is vaginal birth after c-section. Very common now and more so here in Gisborne (they are all for pushing it out) dd was emergency csection coz my waters had broken & i had to have antibiotics & failure to progress. (short version).
Im hoping i can vbac due to recovery being quicker etc. Ive been having period like cramps this afternoon but might just b how i was sitting.

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 5:04pm
Going for scan tomorrow has been having a brownish discharge today.

MW didn't seem to concerned when I told her I can still feel bubs moving around in there she thinks I will have a low lying placenta so put my mind at ease somewhat.

So hopefully the scans all good looking forward to seeing bubs again. So have put myself on bed rest for the day.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
princessB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 5:30pm
Bubaloo - will be thinking of you tomorrow I'm sure everything will be fine 🌸 I know it must be a little scary but ally books say it is normal and only to worry if there are large amounts & bright red. Hope that helps ease your mind for night.

I can't even think about labour i feel like ignorance is bliss!! I'm really scared about it. I will definitely have a bath etc to help with pain but won't have a water birth as since it's first baby I want to be on the bed with obstetrician there & ready for anything that might happen. I know it paranoid but I have heard so many awful stories 😳 I just want a peaceful birth with some pain management in place. My biggest fear Is a long labour where I get exhausted & baby becomes distressed.

Lovedup & mumtomany you are both do blessed with so many children! I want 3 but getting one was such a struggle. I'm hoping maybe now that my body know what it is doing it will happen naturally & quickly after number one. I'm under 30 & no reason for infertility!!

I don't know why but I feel so flat at the moment - could be the morning sickness & that DH is away for weekend.
Karnie34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnie34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 5:35pm
Thinking of you Bubbaloo, am sure all will be fine and enjoy your bed rest.

Labour isnt' that bad Princess. Mine was awesome, honest!!   My MW did tell me before hand that there are no awards for going pain free and I ended up having an epidural after being induced (and hearing horror stories). It was bliss and DD was born shortly afterwards as I was so relaxed. You will be fine whatever you decide at the time.
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:29pm
Our hospital doesnt give Epidural's so i never had the option. I can say i have had 4 babies with no pain meds and it was still no where near as bad as what some say (for me it wasnt). I really enjoy labour and birth as strange as that must sound.

princessB
Thankyou hun we do believe we are truely blessed. And that every child is a blessing. And you are so right often once you have had one child and had ivf a second follows along on it's own because your body has had a kick start . We have a very dear friend who needed ivf for her first child. And then along came twins. She got pregnant when her first child was 6months old. And was over the moon

lovedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 10:35pm
Bubaloo, how stressful for you! I hope that you manage to get some sleep tonight, I can imagine the thoughts running through your head. I had to force myself to listen to music to fall asleep or read until my eyes were heavy so as to fall asleep... Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Karnie, I liked the comment your MW gave you about painrelief - absolutely! There are no awards so don't feel like you shouldn't have pain relief. I always went into each birth prepared to ask for relief if I needed it. But one thing I did do, is really prepare myself for the labour. I do endurance training and it's totally mind over matter, just pushing yourself... I found that, that was all I needed to rely on.

I had a mantra! The pain is good - it's hurrying my body along to bring me baby. LOL something like that... put the pain into perspective for me. But it was the most ultimate of endurance events and definitely a treasure!

PrincessB, IVF really does 'kick start' your body, OMG when I think I'm going to have FOUR children I am secretly afraid and aghast at myself that I am also single...

Edited by lovedup - 30 September 2012 at 8:44am
M/C May 2012

Bee T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:09am
soleil, I think I am the same as you about labour. I am looking forward to it, not scared, just a little aprehensive. I am sure when its happening, I wont be enjoying it, but the end result is a baby, your very own baby! I really hope Gisborne hospital do water births. Just as an option. My sister is bringing down a whole pile of mat clothes for me in the next couple of days, so thats going to be pretty cool. People has already been buying jr baby clothes, they are so cute and so tiny!
lovedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:40pm
I just signed up for pregnancy yoga classes - start next week, better than doing absolutely zilch.

Anyone else exercising or doing something active? What works for you?

Had a tough night last night, feeling sorry for myself lol, cried all the tears I had, then drifted off to nod land. Determined that I'm going to get back on track to that confident, self-assured, successful woman I know I can be..
M/C May 2012

phantom_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:11pm
Lovedup first of all big hugs next you are amazing! Giving birth like that 3 times?! Sure youe allowd to cry & feel bad at times but just think if you can get through labour and be so positive about you are so much stronger than you give youself credit for :-)

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:38pm
Everything is all good they couldn't find the cause of the spotting/discharge. Baby is spot on for measurements have booked 20wk scan also for the 1st October due date has moved forward to the 12th only 3 days.

Was going to start doing some light excercise today but decided to give it a miss after yesterday so probably start next week now.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
charmonthefarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmonthefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:18pm
Glad your scan went well bubbaloo, I have just booked my 20 week scan for next Friday, very excited. Visited my midwife today and hubby heard baby's heartbeat for the first time, was so loud! Always feel elated and renewed after hearing or seeing and knowing its all progressing as it should.

Also want to start walking everyday, I do ballroom dancing once a week and help hubby put up fences for the cows most days, but really want to be fit for labour and thats just not cutting it!
lovedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:05pm
charmonthefarm - you do SO much more activity than me! If you think that's not enough I will seriously have to up my A game because I've been very slovenly lately! (16 weeks to be exact!)

Can't wait for your scan too! Exciting!

Bubbaloo I had a bit of spotting from some sight placenta separation - it could have been ligament stretching or an old bleed maybe. My scan is on the 3rd of Oct - It'll be a busy week!

Thank you phantom tbh the birth is the thing I'm looking forward to the most, but I appreciate your kind words, sometimes I doubt myself to the extreme - I'm hoping it's hormonal and I don't have to keep going through these tears and emotions..

Weather was pretty rough today, terrible for playing and being outside, but good if you throw a sickie
M/C May 2012

princessB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:57pm
Bubaloo- great news about the scan. Taking it easy this week sounds like a good idea :)

Edited by princessB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 47>