FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 47>
Author
gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:57am
just wondering, a few of you have said about visiting your midwife already. being my first (and not having told anyone so cant ask) when should i be finding a midwife? have a dating scan this coming thursday :)
Sponsored Links

Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2012 at 1:59pm
Hi Ladies,

Just kind of lurking. I'm in the Jan thread (EDD 31/01/13)but I'm going for my dating scan tomorrow so might well change for me tomorrow to a Feb baby.

gsbuni12 with my first angel baby I got a midwife I think around 6 weeks and by then a lot of the good ones were already gone. The earlier the better really. This time we are using an ob and haven't contacted them yet as I am being looked after by the hospital for the mo.

Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2012 at 3:44pm
thanks for that and good luck for tomorrow Moobear xx

Edited by gsbuni12
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2012 at 7:00pm
Yep definitely get on to it asap they book up fast.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Mountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 8:51am
Hi sorry I haven't been around much lately have had a rough week and been put through lots of testing they tought I was having an ectopic pregnancy, turns out I am not so a huge relief. Have had all my HCGs done and they are climbing well, my friends mother is an ex-midwife and came to a baby shower at the weekend for my friend and she bought her equipment and we heard the heartbeat so exciting.

Just wondering if anyone else is having great difficultly in finding a midwife, I want to birth at birthcare if all goes well, so need someone that can birth there. Also is it normally that you have to go to the midwife, I thought they came to your home? Anyone have any suggestions for me. Im so new to this and feel left in the dark on how this works.....
Nutmeg35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutmeg35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 10:36am
Hi Mountain

Glad to hear everything is ok. How exciting that you heard the heartbeat. I'm still hanging out for my next scan...

I'm going to call a few midwifes today. I had never considered a birthing centre (in fact I had never heard of one before recently) - what the advantages of a birthcare place over a hospital?
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 11:24am
Hi ladies I was in the Jan 2013 group had a dating scan this morning and have a new due date of 6 Feb 2013.

I contacted Mama Maternity for a list of MWs in my area and have found one who is available and will deliver me at Helensville Birthing Centre.

Usually antenatal visits are at their clinic and postnatal at home.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:42pm
Glad to hear everythings ok mountain normally you go to their clinics pre baby then they come to yours after baby.

the difference between hospitals and birthcare well main difference is that the don't have the facilities for giving epidurals etc. In Christchurch there alot more comfortable than hospitals and have a private room with my first my mw reccomended having baby at hospital just in case then get transferred afterwards. Thus time round I'm just going to birth at the birthing centre hopefully its not full.

Welcome caliandjack

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by KiwiWonder KiwiWonder wrote:

New list! as always, feel free to update yourself or post the info and I can do it.

31st/1st – charmonthefarm – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
1st – Baby C – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
2nd – khhast – Baby #2? - Will you find out?
4th – Chips – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
5th – Thebestisyettocome494 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
5th – Nutmeg35 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
5th – Pkgirl – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
6th - caliandjack - Baby #2 - negotiating with Dh I      want a surprise, he wants to find out.
6th – nzblinkchick – Baby #1? - Will you find out?
6th – kaari – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
7th – KiwiWonder – Baby #5 – We will be finding out!
9th - Mountain - It's a SURPRISE!
9th – twinklemum – Will you find out?
10th – MumtoMany – Baby #5 – Will you find out?
11th – munchkin123 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
13th – mellywelly06 – Baby #3 – Will you find out?
13th – gsbuni12 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
14th – Matildaandme – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
15th - Bubbaloo – Baby #2 – It's a SURPRISE!
16th – princesssparkly – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
17th – MammaL – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
18th – reyna130 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
19th - Caronz – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
20th – princessB – Baby #1 – Will you find out?

?? - MelW - Baby #2? - Will you find out?

21st June – gsbuni12 – Dating Scan
27th June - Matildaandme - Dating Scan

[/url]

Angel June 2012
princessB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 5:06pm
Hi ladies,

All is going well on my end. I got my blood test results today & all is going up as it should be. I am just holding out for that 7 week scan - 2 1/2 weeks seems like an eternity to wait!!

Mountain I am glad all is ok for you it must have been very frightening!!!

I've decided to have an obstetrician and be at the hospital since its my first time otherwise I would consider a midwife.

I'm still feeling a little anxious since its so early. I have symptoms somedays and none on others! Hope this is normal!

Wishing you all the best xxx
Matildaandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matildaandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 6:25pm
mountain: I was planning on birthing at birthcare. I used their team of midwives and thought they were awesome, lovely ladies and you have a team of 3 midwives, one of which will deliver your baby, this was the birthcare in Parnell.
I wish I could have had my bub there, but we ended up with an emergency section.
Mountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 8:51pm
Thank everyone for your comments, I want to birth at birthcare if all goes well. I think I just misunderstood how midwifes worked it seems you have to go to them at a clinic. Ok so if this is the norm I can go with that. Has anyone used Lynden Shanahan?

I have a second scan this Friday which they will use for the dating, but I am pretty sure of my dates due to fertility help.

As this is baby #1 im so lost, I got through all the fertility and found out I was pregnant and then it was well you’re on your own now from fertility group..... I don’t even know where to begin, so im pregnant now what? Is there a checklist somewhere of what I meant to do?

I know that sounds silly but I honesty am so lost now, I like to be very organised maybe a little OCD, hehehe.
Any tips greatly appreciated... thanks in advance.

I love reading everyones post and love hearing all the nice stories and peoples ideas, suggestions etc. I am so sorry for the few that have not stayed with us and my prayers go out to them.xxxx
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 8:54pm
Hi Ladies,

Lucky I have been lurking because I am now joining you all Had my dating scan today and got my EDD pushed back one day (was 31 Jan) so I am now officially due 1 Feb. Looks like two of us January ladies have jumped ship today, nice to see you in here too caliandjack.

It feels funny now going from being due right at the end of the thread and lagging behind everyone to being due right at the start
Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

Originally posted by KiwiWonder KiwiWonder wrote:

New list! as always, feel free to update yourself or post the info and I can do it.

31st/1st – charmonthefarm – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
1st – Baby C – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
1st - Moobear - Baby #1 - Will be finding out.
2nd – khhast – Baby #2? - Will you find out?
4th – Chips – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
5th – Thebestisyettocome494 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
5th – Nutmeg35 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
5th – Pkgirl – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
6th - caliandjack - Baby #2 - negotiating with Dh I      want a surprise, he wants to find out.
6th – nzblinkchick – Baby #1? - Will you find out?
6th – kaari – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
7th – KiwiWonder – Baby #5 – We will be finding out!
9th - Mountain - It's a SURPRISE!
9th – twinklemum – Will you find out?
10th – MumtoMany – Baby #5 – Will you find out?
11th – munchkin123 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
13th – mellywelly06 – Baby #3 – Will you find out?
13th – gsbuni12 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
14th – Matildaandme – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
15th - Bubbaloo – Baby #2 – It's a SURPRISE!
16th – princesssparkly – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
17th – MammaL – Baby #2 – Will you find out?
18th – reyna130 – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
19th - Caronz – Baby #1 – Will you find out?
20th – princessB – Baby #1 – Will you find out?

?? - MelW - Baby #2? - Will you find out?

18th June - Moobear - Dating Scan
21st June – gsbuni12 – Dating Scan
27th June - Matildaandme - Dating Scan
reyna130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reyna130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 9:01pm
Got my bloods results today and everything was as it should be apart from slightly low iron. Don't have a scan until 12 weeks so that is going to be a long wait! Am meeting with my midwife next Monday - she is coming to me which i think just depends on where you live and their availability.
Cant believe how tired I am already and I know its only going to get worse!
Mountain - did you get given a Bounty Pregnancy Pack? There is a great wee booklet in there with week by weeks tips etc that I am just reading up on. If you haven't got one you should ask your GP or midwife (if you have one). I have found it really interesting so far :)

xox
bradybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 9:55pm
Hey everyone,
So im due in Feb too, the 7th. Really happy but still in shock and REALLY,REALLY tired!Anyone else got period like sorta cramps?
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 7:03am
Hi Bradybear congrats and welcome.

Yep I have been having period like cramps but they are starting to ease up a little bit now my boobs a really tender and sore and already seem like they have got bigger my tiredness is also stating to get a bit better now.

First day back at work for the week already worked out that my last day should be the 29th of December as I will 5weeks annual leave and I will start my Maternity leave on my due date.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 8:21am
@bubbaloo, my boobs are bigger too im sure, bra's really arent fitting like they should lmao. i am bigger busted anyway (an E) but its funny as im only about 5 weeks! 2 more sleeps till my dating scan. very excited!! and got a midwifes name of my bestie who im going to ring today. Hubby and I went and bought a new washing machine yesterday as ours is only a 5kg and we thought best to upsize now while we have the money hahahaha.
symptoms still minimal with extreamly sore boobs (needing to sleep in a bra), tired, slight period like cramps. the odd wave of nausea but very minimal.
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 11:10am
I'm a e also last time my boobs to really get bigger until I had the baby had a look at maternity bras the other day at farmers must say there range is alot better than what it was 6 years ago can't wait till I can start buying stuff so restraining myself at the mo.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:18pm
Yay congrats to all the new laddies here ;)

Feeling like rubbish here. I have morrning sickness from the time i wake up till lunch time. And sore bobs. I had 2 days of cramping which being number 5 (11th pregnancy) i relise is normal. My sense of smell is unreal. Changeing my sons night nappy just about makes me sick.

Anyway rang the midwife last week after seeing all of you laddies have. Will hear from them sometime this week.

Are you ladies taking folic acid? If you are not taking it yet please go and buy some today

DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 47>