FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 47>
Author
poppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:44pm
Hi everyone,

I am due on Febuary 19th with my first. There must be something in the water on the North Shore, I am another shore girl.

Dating scan to confirm EDD is booked for next week.

Edited by poppet
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:09pm
Yup taking folic acid and iodine has been added as a supplement to take for your entire pregnancy and bf. Got both on script from my GP $3 each

I live in West Auckland and am hoping to give birth in Helensville.
I had DD at NSH can't say much about it as I was only there for a few hours.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:35pm
Yep taking elevit so all good with the folic acid and iodine.

welcome and congrats poppet.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 7:13pm
Hi Ladies,

Welcome and congratulations Poppet!

I am taking Elevit too. It's expensive though.

caliandjackI am also in West Auckland and will probably give birth at North Shore because I am looking at going through Shore Birth in Albany.

Feeling a bit yucky but still not throwing up so I am happy with that Just crazy tired all the time.
Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 7:44pm
I take Solgar prenatal Nutrients from the health shop. I use them during pregnancy and breast feeding and find them great. Also alot cheaper than Elevit which made me feel really ill last time we used them. Just in the early stages when i had morrning sickness etc

I see the midwife next tuesday at 9.30am
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 8:57pm
Moobear - What are Shore Birth like?
I live in Hobsonville and didn't look at any North Shore MWs

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Hopefully Soon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopefully Soon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 11:00pm
Hi everyone,

I found out friday that we are expecting our first child in feb! Have been trying for about 18months and that was my third cycle on clomid, so pretty stoked its worked. Think im about 6 weeks along, but am having a scan in about 2 weeks time to check everything.
princessB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 11:58am
Good Morning Ladies,

Wow lots of new mums to be - congratulations!!!!

5 weeks today and the symptoms still seem to come & go. I almost wish they were there everyday to keep me reassured :)

I am pretty tired - I make it to 8.30pm then crash out for the night :)

I'm taking Elevit aswell - I've been taking it for years while TTC and it use to make me feel nauseous like mumtomany - I always got excited thinking I might be pregnant :) you can just get scripts for folic & iodine from the GP as it is really expensive and those are the only two vitamins proven to make a difference - rest you should get through food.

I bought a book what to expect when you are expecting - its quite thorough & would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for one

I'm still feeling anxious as it is still so early but trying to be positive & enjoy it for what it is currently. I am just holding out for that first scan - 2 more weeks to wait. I thought I would get one at 6 weeks but have to wait till 7!!!!

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves - looking forward to reading all your updates xxxx
gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 1:42pm
yay one more sleep till i see my bean and get an exact date! excited much!! got a midwife yesterday too, as organised as i can be at this point!

princessB my symptoms are also minimal and come and go, i too wish they where permanant... although if/ when morning sickness kicks in im sure ill change my tune!
Mercy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 4:26pm
Just found out I'm pregnant. This our first. Very excited and a little nervous!
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 4:26pm
Hi Ladies,

Welcome and congratulations Hopefully Soon and Mercy

caliandjack I am meeting with them next Thursday so will let you know. The reason I wanted to use them is because I wanted an Obstetrician after I lost my little one due to a partial molar pregnancy last time. It's such a pain going into Remuera and Parnell for appointments which is where birthcare and those types of places are and I found that these guys were in Albany. Also my Dr from the hospital is an Ob there so keen for a bit of continuity of care. They are a bit cheaper than than the others too.

gsbuni12 good luck for the scan tomorrow. How exciting!!

Edited by Moobear
Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
TravelGal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TravelGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 8:13pm
Hi Ladies
I just thought I’d pop over from the TTC forum, as I just found out Monday I am 6 1/3 weeks along and due Feb 9 or 10

Been trying for a year so its super exciting! Feel a fit anxious, as I don't have many symptoms as yet. Tender breasts, but that’s about it.... no sickness or extreme tiredness...

I'm sure these things will come, but it feels a bit unreal as I don't feel any different yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and celebrating our stories over the coming months!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 8:21pm
I didn't have any MS with DD, apart from being tired, hungry and sore boobs that was all I had. I do get a bit of vertigo if I stand up to quickly that's all.

Congrats to all the first time mums especially those that have been TTC for a while, it took 13 months to conceive DD and only 3 for this wee one.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Mountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 7:32am
Wow congats to all the newbies on here, def looks like the North Shore has something in the water. Glad to hear everyone is taking their supplements.

I have sorted a midwife, have my scan this friday so exciting.

Feeling as organized as can be at this stage, looking forward to finish work so I don't have to be so organised... YAY!!
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 7:34am
gsbuni12
All the best for you ultrasound today

Welcome and congrats to all the new mummies exciting times ahead.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

gsbuni12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsbuni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 8:26am
yay its here, scan day!! i soo cant wait for 3:45.... taking care kids to playgroup this morning to try make the day go faster hahaha eeeeeeeeeeek will let u all know how it goes when i get home!!

and congrats to all the newbies, we all have such exciting times ahead of us!!xx
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 11:51am
Welcome all the newbies exciting times indeed.

All the best for your scan today gsbuni yay you get to see your baby.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
princessB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:50pm
Hope the scan went well gsbuni xxx
poppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 3:56pm
You'll be in your scan now gsbuni, exciting!!

I am taking Folic Acid (have been for a while) and Iodine. Might look at Elevit but I don't think I really need it, I eat plenty of fruit and veges.

I have my dating scan next week, can't wait to see that there is actually something in there. I am super tired too, I make it to around 8 o'clock and I am out for the night. The last couple of days have had some nausea which is pretty
reyna130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reyna130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 6:39pm
Hope your scan went well gsbuni!

I've been feeling really horrid the last couple days :( so tired I can barely make it home to bed, nauesus almost entire day but the cramps have eased a wee bit.
Got my appointment for my scan on the 13th August! Wish I was getting a scan as early as some of you :(
Looking forward to my best friends daughters 1st birthday on Saturday- goin to be so hard not to blurt out my secret to everyone!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 47>