FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome October 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome October 2013 Babies
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:26am
Welcome to the Due in October 2013 thread and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! What an exciting and amazing journey you are now on!

Welcome also to the OHbaby! community :) Here you will get to make some fantastic friends, learn from others experiences and share a tear and a giggle with each other.

We have two Due in Threads created each month - one is public and one is private. The public one is great for general chat and banter the private thread is password protected and is great for you to share photo's of baby bumps etc

If you're new to the thread and want to be a part of the private group also Just pop in here - say hi and that you're keen to be in the private forum and one of your fellow mums-to-be will private message you the password.

Please do sign up to the weekly pregnancy emails - you can do that by adding your pregnancy in your profile (you can also add your scan pictures when you have one and bubs will be there every time you login to the website). We recommend signing up the other half as well so they know what you're going through and how baby is growing too :)

Wishing you THE VERY BEST PREGNANCY!!!
From the team at OHbaby!
Sponsored Links

MjandBj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MjandBj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:54am
Hi everyone

Im very excited and nervious to be expecting mine and my fiances first baby ( he has a 15 month old son). Im 5 weeks today so still early but very happy. Can i also be added ro the private group :-)
Rachie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:58am
Yay the October thread is open! I got an early positive yesterday - due 9 October 2013.

I would love to be a part of the private forum :)
shadyrebex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadyrebex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:28pm
I've been waiting for the October thread to be open, too. I'm due October 1 and even though this is my second baby (my beautiful girl will be 2 on Sept 29!) I'm still as nervous as I was the first time around.

Had severe morning sickness from about 5 weeks last time and since I'm 5 weeks now I'm getting worried about a repeat....They should make a throwing up emoticon available!
Rachie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rachie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:38pm
Hee hee, I think you mean this one Shady
Snabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 1:52pm
Hi ladies. Ive been waiting for this thread to open to lol. Im due on the 7th with our second, found out on Saturday. Im with you Shadyrebex on feeling nervous. Our daughter will be 2.5 when baby arrives. Would love to join the private forum.

Shady I hope your morning sickness isnt as bad as last time!! Mine started at 6 weeks but it wasnt that bad. Not looking forward to the extreme lack of energy this time round esp with a toddler lol.
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 10:21am
Hi everyone,

I got a BFP 11 DPO on Monday 28th January (our 1 year wedding anniversary!). After 7 months of trying (and crying) for our first baby we are really excited but also feeling nervous that something might go wrong!!

Due date 10th October by my calculations
Rachie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 10:42am
Yay Julietta, I can totally relate to that feeling. We had been trying since Dec 2011 and it took until July 2012 to get a BFP. Unfortunately that little bean didn't quite stick but we were successful this month - after many tears!

This early stage is so nerve-raking - feeling every twinge and hoping it all will be fine. Are any of you ladies getting a bit of cramping - almost like AF is coming but then she doesn't?
TCC since December 2011
Angel Baby Sept 2012
Snabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:37pm
Welcome julietta, what a lovely anniversary present that would have been!

Rachie I have had some slight cramping since my BFP but it resolves pretty quickly and doesnt seem to be as bad as what AF cramping is like. Think its just everything stretching and growing

Anyone having any back problems? I usually have back troubles from time to time but the last week has been horrible. Cant use anti-flamme either which is what I would usually do. Anyone know of anything I could use?
Jo104770 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo104770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 5:24pm
Hi Ladies,

I'm due with my first child on 2nd October.

Still in a bit in shock about it all as it was our first month trying and I thought it would take a while! I'm starting to get excited now, but feel a bit clueless about what's to come.

I've just found a midwife so feeling relief as I had friends had trouble finding one.
Rachie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 5:27pm
What are do you live in Jo - I haven't even thought to look for a midwife yet. My Dr has given me a slip to get the 6ish week scan done. Super scary though as my 6 week scan last year showed no heartbeat.

I found it difficult to get a midwife in Wellington so was wondering if that is where you are.
TCC since December 2011
Angel Baby Sept 2012
shadyrebex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadyrebex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:23pm
Man, I'd better call the midwife again. I contacted one in my area last week and when I said when I was due she said she'd had another due in October just contact her and - 'boy, you girls are getting in early!' Then she said she hadn't sorted her leave and had just delivered a baby and had family staying and would get back to me......still waiting.

Last time I just used the Greenlane drop-in centre at the hospital and had the team at National Women's deliver, which was fine, but all of you first-timers I'd really recommend getting an independent midwife - which is what I'm doing this time. After my baby was born and our breastfeeding wasn't working I desperately needed someone more involved and didn't have the dedicated midwife I needed.

Snabies, I've had awful back/bum/leg ache too and did with first pregnancy. I just use paracetamol when I can't bear it any longer. And this freakin headaches, argh, the first months of pregnancy are a shambles!

Right, thesis over.
Snabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:39pm
Have just contacted my midwife from last time too. Left a message for her to get back to me. Seems funny having to book so early but the good ones do go fast.

Shady ive taken 1 lot of paracetamol today and it takes the edge off but thats about it. Dont really want to rely on it either. Thanks for the suggestion though. Hopefully it will pass! The first months def are shady. Just cant wait for that 12 week mark and hopefully all will settle down. Hope the headaches dont last too long!
MjandBj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MjandBj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:42pm
Hi jo104770,

I am the same due 2nd oct by my cals and we had just started to try and happened a lot sooner than i thought.

I have found a midwive and have, my first appointment on 14 feb (one year since moving in with my man).

I have been suffering from lower back pain and cramps and nausea too.
Hoping it passes soon
MjandBj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MjandBj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:28pm
Hi snabies

Ive been getting really bad lower back pain. Ive been finding my lazyboy with my feet up and slightly laying back helps. Heat works too but its too warm weatherwise for that.
Rachie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 2:06pm
Oh wow MJandBJ, your MW is seeing you nice and early. I just secured mine and she has booked us in for mid March. I got my bloods done today after discussing it with my doctor.

Are any of you thinking of getting the 6 week dating scan or just holding out until 12 weeks?
TCC since December 2011
Angel Baby Sept 2012
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 3:11pm
YES Rachie ! I am having little cramps allllll day long and it's driving me CRAZY. Also today my chest hurts and I get really breathless walking up the stairs. Google tells me this is normal :)

Seriously, I can't help thinking the worst!xx
Julietta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 3:58pm
Oh and Rachie, I hope you have better luck with this one!
Snabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 4:08pm
MjandBj the lazyboy sounds awesome, wish I gad one lol. Have been using the heatpack at nights when not so hot and it is helping.

M/W phoned back today and have first app feb 19th. So excited lol.

Rachie I did want a early scan but doc didnt think I needed one (had one with first bub) so guess I will be waiting :( Was nice to have an early one, put my mind at ease. Are you having a dating scan?

Does anyone want to start a due date list? Dont think I would be very good at doing one lol.
MjandBj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MjandBj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 5:23pm
Yeah rachie i live in a small town so think thats why. I dont have a doc here either so will be my first medically appointment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>