FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHmmm... something may have started!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 7:17pm
IF things progress to active labour (where the contractions are actually doing some good and thinning and dilating the cervix) then the powers that be will not stop the delivery from happening. Otherwise, it's a wait and see game... I don't think they'll induce me unless I go overdue - usual story of "anything between 37 and 42 weeks is considered full term" blah blah blah...

We've done a little research on "irritable uterus" and "active labour" and the one thing we can try at the moment is that during active labour it doesn't matter what position you are in, the contraction will occur and at the same strength. If you are not in true, active labour, the contraction will lessen in strength or even not occur when you are lying down - particularly if you are lying on your left side (but I think that's just because the most common position for baby is LOA). We noticed that my contractions would fade off when I lay down for my midwife to examine me so... yeah.

We are so ready for this baby to be born! When all this started, I guess Nathaniel and I got ourselves emotionally ready so now we're just getting impatient. Today, I've had contractions 1 hour apart all day... so it's been fairly peaceful after the last couple of days!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 1:39pm
still must be pretty tiring having them all day!! argh, good luck
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:13pm
Wow, I've just come back from holiday and read your posts, how frustrating! I hope baby starts moving out soon! Good luck!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 9:03am
Hi Becca.
How are you feeling now. Its been a couple of days since your last posting. It just seems so wrong to let you go through so much for so long. Are they all a bunch of sadists. Isn't there something they can do for you??. Either induce you or stop the pain. It is only a matter of days anyway until your due.

bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 10:33am
hope somthing more happens soon for you or it all stops untill you due date. goodluck.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

kobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 11:39am
How exciting, the anticipation but be so frustrating!!! I hope something happens soon. Good luck
Robyn & Kobe
www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/stackyjunior
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 9:04pm
ooooo where is she???? baby????
i'm excited!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 9:12pm
yeah she hasnt updated us in a couple of days.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 10:54am
somthing must be happening thats why she hasnt updated hopefully there is a baby by now cant wait to hear from her.

Rachel & Brianna

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 11:55am
I know. I'm never the most patient of people. I feel like we need a phone list so we can phone people and say
"yeah....we;re from oh baby, you haven't emailed? What's going on?...you've had a baby?....well, got to get those priorities sorted lady, we were waiting"!!!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 1:00pm
hey lizzle... our babies are nearly 6 months old... i feel sad even though they are much more fun at this age
darlinggirlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinggirlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 2:12pm
wow, i need to get on here more often!! Sounds like things might be moving for becca...posts have died down abit!! Hope everything is going well!

Kara
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:57pm
Can't wait to hear whats happening, maybe Becca will sence our ' I wondering whats happening vibes ' and come on soon and fill us all in.
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 9:47pm
I thought I saw becca posting on different topics a few days ago? Does anyone know what's happening? Enough suspense already!!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:48am
i know Nikki!!!! I'm so shocked at how quicklytime has flown! I had a dream last night that i was pregnant again....ick, a bit early for that for me i think. How's hannah doing? Jake is good, just got over bronchitis, two teeth, not crawling but generally annoying when his toys are out of the way. has got very good at turning himself around so we end up with feet at the head end of the cot.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:59am
Sorry, everyone, I've been away for a few days - our church sent Nathaniel and I away for 2 nights (and some friends took Kiya), then we went to Tauranga to visit with family, and for my Dad's graduation.

No, no baby yet... I wish he would hurry up though! I've been having contractions 1hr apart since Wednesday last week... frustrating to the extreme! We are so ready for this baby now... Kiya keeps coming up to me and telling my tummy that it's time for baby to be born!
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 12:24pm
Hi Becca.I.
As you can see everyone's been so worried about you and curious as to how you are going. That was really nice of your church to give you guys a much need break. Are you getting pain relief? You wouldnt be getting much sleep if your not.

kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:05pm

A well earned break then i wish someone would do that for me and my husband, although be abit differcult as he milk cows.

Must be so frustrating for you to be having these contractions with nothing else happening, hope baby gets a move on and comes out soon.

bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:07am
glad to see you got to have a bit of a break now you just need a break from these contractions or you need somthing more to start happening hope theres a baby soon.

Rachel & Brianna

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:05pm
We appreciate the interest and concern everyone... we had a great time away!

I don't need painkillers - I'm not in any pain! Just very uncomfortable. I had minimal pain with Kiya as well, none at all during the first stage, it wasn't until I was pushing that it hurt at all, and then not much. The odd really strong one will wake me, but I get back to sleep really quickly. Its just really frustrating, waiting and wanting something to happen and feeling all these contractions and knowing they aren't doing a single bit of good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>