FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHmmm... something may have started!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 8:39pm
we usually end up using most stuff before it comes off the clothes airer.. well, face cloths etc.. cos they are right there, why go to the next room to get them? paris's stuff gets put in the hot water cupboard lately.. so it's warm when she gets dressed int he mornings. and mike does the rest of the folding, and the cooking too right now. oh, I love him so much.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 1:21am
I have been looknig for a cleaner for the past few months, but the only reply for my ad I got was a filipino woman....and I use the word "woman" loosely. She was an exotic dancer during the night and a cleaner/nanny during the day.....decided to pass
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 1:12pm
Maria, if you're talking about the Child Disability Allowance, you are definitely entitled. It's $74 a fortnight and it doesn't depend on income at all, anyone with a sick or disabled child can get it, I get for Maya for her allergies, and also for Mona as she is legally deaf.

I found my cleaner thru an agency that a friend recomended. They came while I was out at Playcentre this morning, and it was soooo nice to come home to a clean house! I am so stressed atm that I have broken out in hives, so that is one less thing for me to stress about
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:24pm
Jeez take care of yourself Emma. Thanks for the heads up about the allowance i will talk to Jaydes doctor when i next see her or maybe the nurse when she comes out tomorrow.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 6:28am
Make sure you do angelnz, we get ours for Micheal as he's legally blind and we only found out about the allowance by accident. It's sad that they don't give everyone what they are entitled to when they are entiitled to it. So make sure you push for it. Depending on what's wrong with your child you may qualify for respite care as well. We get 30 days a year paid for by the ministry of health, where we can send Micheal to anyone even family members and they get paid $75 for a minimun of 8 hours. It was an absolute godsend when we had abby.   Micheal usually goes to my mum's for the weekend and gets paid $150-00. Maya I'm assuming with Mona you should be entitled to it if your not already getting it. If you guys want anymore info let me know.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:18am
I got 28 days of Respite Care for Maya in the first 12 mths after she got sick, but I didn't end up using it all because I didn't need it. At the time when Maya was sick it would have been great, because I really needed the break, but by the time it was organised she was better and I didn't feel that we needed it.

I don't know if we're entitled with Mona, but because she's so much older, she's less intense, she goes to school so we get a break, whereas with Maya, the nature of her condition means she has to stay home from daycare and so it's full on 24 hours a day.

Touch wood tho, I haven't had to take her to the hospital for more than a year!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:18pm
You should still be entitled with Mona, Emma, despite her age. My brother has just turned 12 and my parents get respite care for him... he attends a normal school during the day so they get a break then too... but every other weekend he goes for "care" and then the whole family gets some proper time apart (and together - when he's in care, my 14yo sister gets to spend some quality time with my parents). My brother has aspergers, so can be pretty full on sometimes.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:07pm
We are the same. Micheal goes to normal school, However he get's so frustrated with his vision that he has lots of temper tantrums etc his behaviour can be very time consuming and tiring. At first I felt really bad as I felt that I was a bad mother because I was enjoying the breaks, But everyone needs a bit of sanity every now and then. And at least then he gets a break from The two littles, and we can just focus on them for the odd weekend.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 6:52pm
Mona has similar behavioural problems - she has all the signs of ADHD but they are not caused by ADHD but actually by her frustration at not being able to hear. She has a special FM system where she wears headphones and her teacher wears a microphone so that she can hear better at school, and she has just this year started at a new, smaller school and seems to be coping better there.
Her problem is fixable tho - she has to have the perforations in her ear drums patched (myringoplasty) then she should regain around 80% of her hearing, but will still have a mild impairment.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:37am
wow it's interesting to hear someone else having similar problems. When Micheal was at daycare they asked us to get him tested for ADHD! But it was as simple as they wouldn't accept his disability or try to understand it. We thought about moving him to a smaller school to see if he copes better, but we are worried about how he would cope with the change. It's interesting to hear it helped in your situation.   Really glad to hear it's fixable, Does she have to be a certain age before they fix it?
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:48am
Nope, she has had 2 myringoplasty already, one on each side, but they failed (ie. the patch came off) so she now has to have them repeated. She had her last surgery 2 weeks before Maya was born, so that's over 2 years ago. Now we are just sitting on the waiting list for surgery
Thats one of the reasons I added Maya to my health insurance when she was born, so that if she has any problems they're all covered so we won't have to wait on the public list, but they won't cover Mona because it's a preexisting condition.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:07am
That's pretty sucky really! hope you don't have to wait too much longer.. it can really affect school and social life at any age.. but teenage years would be especially hard!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:22am
We have been so lucky with public hospital. Apart from a year wait for his eye squint operation. Micheal got in straight away for his hernia op and only had to wait for a month for his nose operation. He's been to nearly every childrens department in the hospital and we've been very lucky to get in to see the various speacilist quickly. Hopefully you don't have to wait to much longer. It must be really annoying knowing something can be done and then having to wait so long.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:29pm
i have found that phoning helps. I just phoned the reception at imaging this morning and she told me that there would be a 4 to 6 week wait for Jaydes barium swallow. When i explained our situation with her feeding and weight etc. She was more than happy to ask the doctors if they could see her sooner. And is going to phone me back with hopefully an apt next week. I guess what they say about being a squeaky wheel is true.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:02pm
yep it is. We were turned down for orrs funding for Micheal's schooling. So I wrote to everybody and anybody complaining, and bombarded the ministry of education, with medical records etc and we eventually got it. If we don't fight for our kids who else is going to. Good luck with your appointment!
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 3:31pm
yep she phoned back got an apt on friday next week

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 3:38pm
That's great news. It'll be good to get it over and done with. Can't be to pleasant for a child.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:52pm
Yay Maria, that's great! The barium swallow is awful, but worth it if you can get some answers.
It is frustrating with Mona, but we have had good support from some agencies. She's been to health camp twice for six weeks a pop and SES arranged funding for her FM system. I did have to fight them for it tho, because apparantly there is only one pool of money for funding everything from wheelchairs to glasses for disabled kids, and I was made to feel a bit guilty that I was depriving someone elses kid, but at the end of the day I just though, hey, I can't save the world, but this is my kid, and I can help her, so that's what we did.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:20pm
is it horrible Emma? They led me to beleive it was a pretty straight forward easy thing.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:42pm
Maya never had one, but my brother had several and Mum said the hardest part is getting them to swallow the barium coz it is thick and gunky and doesn't taste nice. But from what I've heard the actual procedure itself isn't too major. It will probably be easier too with Jayde being so young coz she can't really wriggle and squirm quite so much.
Goo luck with it. How is the Pepti Jnr going?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>