FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHmmm... something may have started!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hmmm... something may have started!
    Posted: 11 April 2005 at 11:46am
Yesterday was my brother's 12th birthday. We live in Hamilton, and my family live in Katikati, but my mum works at Waikato Hospital (she's a nurse). Mum came round here Saturday night for dinner before driving back to Kati, and ended up taking Kiya with her!

We enjoyed our child-free house yesterday... maybe a little too much 'cause after some fun , I had massive abdominal pain, then the contractions started... random strong contractions every 1.25 hours through the night - kept waking me up! They've been roughly 1 hour apart since 5:30 this morning... I've talked to my midwife, basically she's not worried and neither am I... either the contractions will stop on their own and its all been a false alarm or they will get closer together and Baby will arrive! I've got an appointment with my midwife tomorrow morning at 9am for my weekly check, so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Nathaniel is slightly worried... not about me and Baby but rather about his test on Wednesday night! I have to admit, I'm a little worried about that too... if he misses it, he's supposed to have a medical certificate, but we can't get one issued for him when I'm the one in labour!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:13pm
really? You would think your wife/partner being in labour would be adequate reason for missing a test? Is it at the univeristy? Usually they are pretty good about giving grades despite missing tests, especially if you have a good record until then.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:59pm
I would think that too. good luck and keep us posted..
hhmm, maybe there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.. lolol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:25pm
Good luck!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 5:43pm
Thanks everyone...

So my contractions were 1hr apart until about 12:30, then there were 2 half an hour apart, then one 20 minutes later, then one 10 minutes later (at 2pm) and they've been 10 minutes apart since, lasting 40 seconds. We met my midwife at the hospital just after 3, she hooked me up to monitor the contractions and Baby's heartbeat... at 4:30, they sent us home! They are not going to stop the labour, but because I'm not in any pain I think the register didn't realise how strong my contractions are! My midwife does - cause she asked me about my labour with Kiya and I had no pain during the first stages of labour with her either. The register said it looked like irritable uterus, and that could last up to 3 weeks before delivery, but he thinks I'll deliver tonight or tomorrow. We think he was covering his bases.

Right now, my contractions are 6-8 minutes apart and still lasting at least 40 seconds! We're playing the "wait and see" game, and hoping Baby hurries up!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:11pm
Ok, so something is hurrying up! Contractions 3-4 minutes apart and lasting 50-60 seconds.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:13pm
Nathaniel has let his lecturer know what's going on... it's the first (of 3) test for the paper, so an agretate mark may not be possible, but we're sure they'll come up with something, given the circumstances! He may just be able to study on Wednesday and sit it after all, as things are speeding up (I think!)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:24pm
ohhh how exciting! Cant wait for more news

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:19pm
this is so exciting!! good luck. Go Becca!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:29am
good luck!!
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:01am
Good luck! can't wait for more news.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:31am
wow,kool,hope things workout becca!!! hurry up baby!!!
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 4:10pm
This is getting a little (ok, a lot!) frustrating... last night I was having contractions 3 minutes apart lasting over a minute each one... my midwife came and checked me out... still not dilated.

It's become a wait and see game... right now, I'm having contractions 10 minutes apart lasting from 60-90 seconds, and they're fairly strong. Nathaniel and I are going to see what we can do to hurry things along a little
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 5:08pm
oh sounds like fun.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 7:52am
woah... this is cool seeing it all unfold...
hope everything is going well becca!
good luck!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:35am
Hello, this is Nathaniel, Becca's husband.

Just thought I'd update you all on what's going on. Becca last night has many contractions 3 minutes apart. Most lasting on average about 2 minutes, the odd one getting to 3 or 4 minutes. We think the 4 minute ones were probably another straight after the first. Her cervix however is not dilated at all. Nothing has changed. She has an "irritable uterus". This seems strange to both of us, because all we've read about this says that the contractions of irritable uterus should be irregular. These are not irregular at all, however they do tend to be slower during the day, and closer together in the evening. So yeah, that's what's happening. Could go on for another 3 weeks apparently - we certainly hope not...

We'll keep you all posted, and thanks for the support.

Nathaniel
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:08am
oooh, hope Becca either feels better or has the baby soon!
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:14am
hope the contractions stop soon or your get to finally hold your baby.
goodluck.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:43am
gosh poor you guys. Becca must be so tired. Hope she is manageing to get some sleep. Has your midwife been keeping an eye on baby and making sure that he/she isnt getting distressed or anything.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:42pm
can they induce at this stage? or does that only start the contractions and the cervix has to dilate naturally????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>