FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 4:54pm
lol just lsightly. got my timetable today and because i already took 2 of my 3rd year papers i have a whole day free each week and at least 1 or 2 mornings or afternoons too so feel alittle better. but placements will be hard.. 12 hr shifts.. i guess she'll have to be used to the bottle by then.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 5:28pm
Janine and Nikki - you guys both amaze me being able to finish uni while raising babies!! I have done one semester since having Quinn and I found it to be madness!! I think my big prob was not putting him into daycare so trying to work around that but still!!

I finished uni two weeks before having Quinn... I spent most of my time sleeping!

And Aimee!! The question as to what to wear while in labour is not silly!! It was one of my main worries!! Being a prude I was really concerned about being starkers in front of people... lots of people told me that while in labour you don't care but I DID!! I had a water birth... I got into the pool wearing a nightie! Not especially comfortable but very respectable, although I did have to change after I got out!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 8:12am
lol Anna, when i had Paris i actually packed a bathing suit to wear in the spa bath up there! looking back now it makes me laugh so much! didn't even get in the water!

As for study, yep, it is nothing short of madness at our house every morning, and i'm not even back at ucol yet... next week will be insanity, but i guess that's what gets you out the door each day. a little stress in life keeps you on your toes.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks everyone. Have had a pretty rough week at work and am thinking about finshing up a bit earlier, sont think I can handle another 4 weeks. Getting really tired and a bit grumpy - makes it hard when you have to be so professional with patients and pretend everything is great Am having a "sick" day today though and another annual leave day next monday so that makes me feel better.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:59am
I am having a sick day today to....LOL!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:02am
Real sick day Roksana? or a "sick" day like mine?!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:05am
We must be getting to that stage where we just cant be bothered pretending anymore! When I rang my boss this morning she was really good about it. Another colleague due the same day is hardly at work anymore so my boss thinks I'm doing quite well!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 2:13pm
Good on you girls!! Look after yourselves!

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:16pm
I don't know how I would cope if I didn't have Hannah in day care!!! As it is I'd like to have her in a bit more, changing her routine every day is starting to drive me nuts. would be easier if she was somewhere constant, whether than is daycare or home.

I almost considered dropping out of a paper the other day. I'm not coping with the workload very well this semester after missing the first two weeks. But I'm already halfway so I guess I'll just have to cope.

Next year I've decided I'm only going to study part-time
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 4:52pm
Niki, a little different as I was pregnant and didn't have Jake, but have you looked at going through Massey and doing it extramurally? I did some of my papers like that when I was at uni so I could work. I'm doing my teaching diploma probably next year and will do it extramurally. Helps that i have free day care....thank you Nana!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:37pm
yeah i'm so happy now that i DID actually do part time till now cos i got a few papers out of the way that all the rest of my current class have scheduled.. means i have days free, and that makes me feel soo much better. will still be hard but gives me a bit of time with my girls and a bit of time to study too.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:50pm
That sounds like a good idea Nikki. You don't need to be a superwoman! Just take it all in your stride, you will get there in the end and be able to enjoy it muxch more if you aren't so stressed out I am sure!

mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:05am
I was working in Te Awamutu at a daycare when I was preg with Caleb, had a couple of weeks of to organise moving back to Palmy, was sick to death of Calebs dad, was very stressful with him, and had just moved my stuff back and organised to start workibg here when I went in2 labour at 26wks i havnt worked again since then, Caleb was very sick for the first 2 yrs so I stayed at home with him, then decided to study so started him in daycare twice a week and over 3mnths gradually increased his hours to full time when my studying started, Finished those papers had a bit of time off, Caleb is still in full time daycare now, which is fantastic, as hes in a routine to start school next year but since imon strict bed rest Caleb is staying withmy parents, and only stays with us on my partners days off.. I have been doing small business management for 6weeks now and im doing it exrtramurally, thank god since im stuck to the couch.. but I plan to stay at home till this one is 2 before i venture back into the work force

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:12am
I wish I could be a stay at home mum for a while...but just cant! We just bought a house and it will be hard on one salary...

And I am not the type to sit at home for a long period of time. But I would have love to stary at home with the baby for at least 6 months....oh well what can you do?
Why dont youlook into family ass from IRD for a while to help with costs, and you may also be intitled to a payout when bubs is bornor a weekly amount for up to twelve weeks, but if your job isnt staying open family assistance is helpful, we are doing that and it tops us up after andrews pay about $260 per week, we get $100 towards our accomdation costs costs and then so much per child, worth looking into, you can see if you eligable on l line or over the ph... its done together with WINZ and IRD, its a life saver, we didnt know about it till a few months ago...
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:41am
Hey Aimee I am at work today..but I had a "sick day" like yours on Friday. He he ha ha

My boss is quite good...when he asked me I said "oh did not feel like getting out of bed".....

I might look into it the whole WINZ and IRD payout thing...I wish I knew about it sooner tho..because I am the only Accountant in my company, my bosses are freaking out about me being gone for more than 3 months. On top of that they asked if I could do some work from home on my 3 months off.....I said Ok...as long as you pay me and I will only do what I can.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:02am
You should definalty be intitled to a payout, its the lovely things your intitled to but nobody ever tells you, if you going back to work I think they stretch the payout into weekly payments till you go back to work or i think its a $1800 payout, dnt quote me on it but I know you are intitled to something..
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:05am
I know they will pay me $289 per week for 13 weeks but I dont what I am entitled to after that.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:17am
If you dont want to go back to work they look at your income before baby and your partners and then workout what youd be intitled to, then you can go through WINZ, we get $100 towards our accomodation costs, but our rent $350.. and we get $50 for caleb due to disability..Theers other things WINZ helps with but you have to ask, they are useless at telling you
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:31am
yeah they r.i only just found i was eligible for accom supplement!! and food gratns too.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:37am
Food Grants??? Is that with WINZ.. they are the worst at telling you what you can get
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>