FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 8:56am
Oh gosh I just have the pic in my head...eewwww!

I never thought about belly button thing......that is a whole new topic (for me)......arrrggg

Are they going to cover that on the Antenatal Classes? I sure hope so!!!

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 10:09am
Roksana - these days they don't have anything to cover. They just tell you to leave the belly button open to the air and that's it!!! When my sister was a baby mum had to wrap it and put alcohol on it etc. but now you just leave it...

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 10:42am
Jake's just came off on his nappy one day. no big deal really.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 1:04pm
Yah I know....I am a paranoid first mother......

Guess what happened? I was walking out of a shop at lunch time and saw a kid running towards me....I had to turn to my right, as the kid was going run right into me...but when I did that I hit a damn Pole....It hit the lower right side of my tummy....It did not hurt at all but I was shocked! and now I am worried...I dont know if it could hurt the baby?????

What do you guys think? ....Oh God I would just die if it did!

Edited by Roksana

AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 1:14pm
Hiya Roksana... I wouldn't worry too much, the amniotic fluid around the bub protects him/her from most knocks like this!! Call you rmidwife for a check if you fancy but please don't worry! I am sure bub will be fine!!

When I was about eight months pregnant with Quinn i tripped down ONE step, landed on the floor in a awkward spot between the step and the freezer and an ironing board landed on my head!! Quinn was/is fine but I was home alone and it took me a LONG time to wiggle my way out of the teeny spot i landed in!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 1:17pm
And re the belly button thing EW!! Andys dad swears that once it fell off his two kids he threw it up on to the roof?!? Andy decided (for a VERY short time) that he would start a tradition and do that for our kids too? What sort of crazy family have i got myself tied up in?
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 1:22pm
Thanks Anna....I can feel the bub move....and phoned the midwife and she said that if I ran into the pole or I fell on my tummy then that would be a different story but the baby should be fine...I asked my mum and all the ladies at work and they all say that it should be fine....but I am paranoid!!!

Gosh your fall sounds tricky....I am always so careful with every thing...I will like a real idiot!

skirts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:23pm
He he, I remember being so paranoid about Summers belly button, it looks so sore for them and it would get knocked occassionally and bleed a little bit, but she wasnt actually too phased by it, and it fell off pretty quickly too.
Ew, my friend kept her daughters once it fell off and it sits in a jar on their mantle piece, they are such gross looking things
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:27pm
Ew Definitely wont be keeping my babys one
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:42pm
I dont think I will either!

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 5:39pm
hahahahahahaha i think i've got hannah's somewhere!!!!!!!!

it is really gross. i don't know what possessed me. ah well. maybe it'll come in use some day! (yeah, hahaha what the hell?)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 8:47pm
i kept the thing they used to clamps my girl's ones with but no way would i keep the actual stump. ew

Paris's fell off no problem, just floated off in the bath one day. but ayja's got caught on her fluffies at a few days old, and tore a little, and got a bit smeely and infected and sticky. was soooo glad when it finally fell off cos i had thought it was gonna get really badly infected and gross.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 10:08pm
yeah i kept the clamps too
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 6:55pm
I have kept the clamp but not the cord, it was too smelly When does the tummy button go to "normal" Joeys is still sore looking and has a little crust on it. Is that normal? I might get the m/w to look at it tomorrow. He isn't red around it or anything though so probably nothing.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 10:28pm
takes a few weeks i think... still looks like a little puffy swimming ring on their tummy for a while, lol. it's weird, then it suddenly is normal.. you don't really notice it, one day you just wake up and and it's like, oh, ok, when on earth did their bellybutton start looking normal? lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 10:45pm
yeah just keep it clean and maybe give it some air/sun time too.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 12:01pm
Good idea, I will let Joey lie in the sun a bit this afternoon I think. Our lounge is lovely and sunny and warm

skirts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 1:40pm
He he, Summer has an outie belly button but I didnt realise just thought it would heal so I was waiting ages for it to go down to normal and then someone looked at it and proceeded to tell me it was an outie, oops! Did I feel dumb or what!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 12:26pm
LMAO!!! Good one Amy hehehehe

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 9:40pm
LOL my Dad said a few weeks ago "They didn't do a very good job of Maya's bellybutton did they? It sticks out!" Silly males!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>