FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Questions
    Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:14pm
Ok, they seem a little silly but have been wondering:

1 What did you wear during labour? I know its a messy business and anything below the hips is going to get in the way at the crucial bit, but what about before that?

2 How long did you have off work before bubs was due and what did you do? I am only working 4 days now which is great, and finish in 4.5 weeks cos my job is quite physical and is getting very tiring and awkward (i'm a physio). Will have 6 weeks before due date and i'm worried that i'll get bored and annoy my hubby who works from home!

Thanks ladies
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:21pm

ok ummmm With Xander I wore one of the ever so sexy gowns and with Harmony I was wearing one of naths tees as thats the only things that fitted me once i got a bump lol.

With Xander i started my leave on 1 April 04 (he was due 4th june 04) so 2 mnths before he was born approx. I never returned to work after him lol.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 5:06pm
Aimee I applied to finish a week before my due date...he he ha ha (I am an Accountant and am sitting on my behind the whole day long) LOL

It will be funny if I go to labour two weeks early...LOL

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 5:11pm
For my first I wore a night shirt, my second I had no time hwen I got to the hospital so was in my t-shirt, the third was C-section so she doesn't count.

I finished work two months before I had my first son and never went back.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 5:41pm

I wasn't working, but had plenty of projects to keep me busy

I think I started wearing a t-shirt, but ended up in just my bra?  can't really remember, by that point what you are wearing doesn't really matter

Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 8:53pm
i think i just started off wearing t-shirt and pants and then when i got to the hospital i put one of those sexy gowns on.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 9:15pm
lol both times i had been in the bath as long as i could before going to hospital - so was starkers, but only hubby was around anyway. first time ended up having hubby and my midwife drag me out of the bath and dress me so i could go to the hospital - but ended up wearing one of their gowns. second time, i managed to somehow dress myself, but still ended up changing into one their gowns again.

with paris i was studying up till 6 weeks before i had her, and worked weekends till then too. with Ayja i wasn't working anymore, but still studied up till 2 weeks before i had her, she was 2 weeks early.

hhhmmm what did i do? i visited people heaps, sorted the baby's rooms, washed the clothes, slept (ALOT!!!), got stuff sorted like thank-you cards and birth announcements so all i had to do was fill in the gaps once baby was here. packed and re-packed the hospital bag, and read up heaps about birth, labour, breathing and active births. made sure i planned at least 1 or 2 days a week that i was out of the house, like visiting, meeting friends for lunch or coffee, shopping, even things like getting a haircut too. i also wrote a list of all the things that needed to be done or bought before baby, and tried to get one done each day etc. gives you a bit of purpose and makes sure that everything is ready as it can be for baby's arrival. (my gosh i sound like a nutter!)
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 12:58am
hi. I wore a gown. what's the point in getting blood and crap over your own clothes?????
I am a english teacher. i stopped work about two months before Jake was due, so about 10 weeks before he was born. I had to fly back to NZ so that had a lotto do with it. I have to travel about an hour each way to work, so thsat would've put strain on me working later. I also gave up all my kids classes from six months....any excuse huh!!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 7:59am
i wore a hospital gown.

I stopped about 6 weeks before she was born. I was a dental assistant and either standing or leaning over people all day. very uncomfortable. I used my spare time fairly well. Taking the dog for walks. sunbathing, swimming. Catching up with friends for lunch. Visiting and helping a good friend that had just had a baby. Reading books. I was kinda bored. But now i just look back and go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Mmmmmmmmmm 6 weeks of rest. Id also been working since i was 13 and never had a holiday longer than 3 weeks so felt i deserved it before having a baby.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 8:09am
I also ended up wearing one of those gowns - with briana i stopped working 6 weeks before she was born - i was working for WINZ and it was quite stressful and i hated the job so i left as soon as i can.  I do cross stitch and did this as much as i could - i was even doing it when i went into labour.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 9:41am
Hey there, Im not sure what I am going to be wearing.. might try to just wear one of there gowns to save me washing
I finished work with 6 weeks to go.. but then they changed my date so its 8 weeks. I am a Chef so standing on my feet wasnt good. Im still deciding weither Im going to be going back or not.
But in saying that.. If I could have stayed for another couple- 3 weeks I would of.. Im really bored now lol

Edited by tastic
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 11:45am
I think I will wear one of the gowns too, why get my stuff yucky!

I haven't been working at all during this pregnancy (due to lots of factors outside of my control...) I have done a bit of temping but nothing full on. I have LOVED it!! I think it has helped me have a really smooth, lovely pregnancy and I have really enjoyed the whole process. I just looked after myself and had fun playing house wife, lol, having tea ready when Peter comes home etc. But I also read lots, sleep LOTS (especially now), go aquajogging, for nice walks, out for coffees with new internet friends, lots of washing for baby, getting stuff ready, writing leters....

I do miss teaching though! (I am a primary school teacher) and I do want to go back to work sometime next year, just unsure what exactly to do... We'll see.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 12:06pm
I wish I could be a stay at home mum for a while...but just cant! We just bought a house and it will be hard on one salary...

And I am not the type to sit at home for a long period of time. But I would have love to stary at home with the baby for at least 6 months....oh well what can you do?

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 12:11pm
At this stage Im staying hom 6 months after he is born... but who knows. I may want to go back earlier.. or I may not want to go back at all.. Im just going to take each day as it comes
kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 2:07pm
I went back to work for approx 8 months just before Briana turned 1, since november i've been a stay at home mum,  when this baby born i will stay at home until briana goes to school.  well that's the plan at this stage heheh.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 7:48pm
I finished work at 30 weeks, was supposed to work till 36 weeks but I got Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction which meant I couldn't sit for long periods and work couldn't accomodate my needs. I didn't mind tho, I finished Xmas Eve so Xmas and New Years went pretty fast. I pretty much just rested at home and watched bad TV, the afternoon cartoons, (I was sick all thru my pregnancy) and nested washing baby clothes, painting furniture etc.
At 36 weeks I went up to Whangarei and spent a week with my grandparents. That was great, really relaxing, the last time out I really had before Maya was born, and it was nice to spend some of the last days of my pregnancy with my grandmother talking about when she had her babies, and her thoughts on becoming a grandmother (I was her first grandchild) and a great-grandmother (Maya is her first great-grandchild). It's one of the most special times of my life.

Oh and I wore a gown when I had her. I laboured at home for 2 days and had lots of baths, just changed into clean pjs after every bath, and eventually wore my PJ's to the hospital, but I had to take the pants off (for obvious reasons ) so I just wore a gown over my t-shirt.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 9:34pm
I finished work a week and a half before Hannah's due date (although that meant it was just over 3 weeks before I had her) though I was only working part-time as a librarian and doing some stuff for Mum at her office. Was hard work shelving books and having to stand on my feet in the last couple of weeks so I dragged a chair around with me to sit down whenever I could! I probably could have worked longer but I had school work to get onto! Was studying up until 2 days before I had her... frantically trying to write my journal (100% assessment - completing it at 9 days overdue hahaha) and an essay. My back was killing me having to sit at the computer for hours to do it. I almost went insane.

I wore one of the spunky hopital gowns, emblazoned with "Hospital Property". I'm not sure that meant the gown or me
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 9:35pm
i finished off 2 papers starting when Paris was 3 weeks old, but it was only a couple of hours a week and mum looked after her, i then took 6 months off, Paris was 11 mths when i went back to study, part time.

now, this time, my little Ayja starts daycare on Monday. I took her for a visit today, and they just didn't get it at all. she's a pretty hand-off baby, likes to play under playgym not be held and such. she is quiet and goes to sleep by herself for the most part. i put her to bed there, and went to get somet hing to eat in the parent room thing, and came back after eating to one of them getting her up - "oh she was just lying there quietly smiling" she said. I could have screamed at her! "that's what she does, you silly lady,. she lies there quietly till she goes to sleep. why on earth would you get her up. all that will do is overstimulate her and upset her and you'll have a crying screaming mess on your hands that won't go back to sleep!!!!!" argh argh argh! I have another visit there on friday - may go for longer and stay in the sleep room with her and make sure everyone actually knows that she DOES NOT get up, if she is happy then leave her. come i know all too well what happens when you keep her up cos you think shes not tired.. and they certainly don't have the right "equipment" to calm her back down again.

sorry, am venting, am pretty uptight about leaving her now. only brought it home to me today visiting the daycare. it sucks. this sucks.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:31pm
Oh Janine, it must be soooo hard. Stupid people... I hope they get the masseage, they should be bloomin' happy to have such a good girl coming!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:53pm
Don't stress too much Janine - Maya was the same and the teachers would get her up when she was lying quietly kicking herself to sleep. After a few days of rotten baby Maya they soon got the message and left her alone!

I took 3 papers thru the Open Polytech to make up credits in the semester Maya was born, because I had such a long labour I actually spent several hours working on a psychology assessment in between contractions! After I had her I worked on stuff while she slept, and I only had to get one extension that semester which was because I had 9 days in hospital with mastitis when she was 3 weeks old. Kinda hard to do assignments in hospital!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>