FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewborn Baby Dies..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 12:13pm
im sure she wasnt the only one who knew she was hiding a pregnancy, obviously others would have known or suspected something.
someone else should have told someone if she wasnt going to.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Sponsored Links

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 4:38pm
I heard something awful about this case. Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard that a farm dog killed the baby, after the girl went indoors to clean up. Too terrible to bare thinking about.

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 5:23pm
I hope that's just a rumour. But even saying that, it's not a nice rumour to be going around.

My heart breaks for this girl, whoever she is. There are many different levels of maturity at 17 and just because you have sex doesn't mean you are mature or know what to do in a difficult, life changing situation.

She may have had other people know about the pregnancy and perhaps those people gave her bad advice. Or maybe she had decided to get some medical help and the baby came early before she could. Maybe the birth was super quick and she was alone and unable to get help. There are hundreds of things that could have happened, none of us know because we weren't there and I HATE it when judgements are made about others based on news stories.

I hope somehow, some day she find some peace. And I am so sad for the little baby - she didn't deserve this either.

Edited by Mazzy
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 6:49pm
Thats pretty much how i feel Mazzy

as for 17 being mature , i know plenty of 17 year olds for whom the term "mature " does not apply
(incidentally plenty of 20 year olds, hell , even a couple of 30 year olds )
Getting a year older ,does not gaurantee getting wiser
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Mazzy Mazzy wrote:

I hope that's just a rumour. But even saying that, it's not a nice rumour to be going around.

My heart breaks for this girl, whoever she is. There are many different levels of maturity at 17 and just because you have sex doesn't mean you are mature or know what to do in a difficult, life changing situation.

She may have had other people know about the pregnancy and perhaps those people gave her bad advice. Or maybe she had decided to get some medical help and the baby came early before she could. Maybe the birth was super quick and she was alone and unable to get help. There are hundreds of things that could have happened, none of us know because we weren't there and I HATE it when judgements are made about others based on news stories.

I hope somehow, some day she find some peace. And I am so sad for the little baby - she didn't deserve this either.

I feel the same, we don't know anything about what really happened, just that that poor 17 year old has to live with this for the rest of her life.
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 7:02pm
Hi. im 17 and expecting my first.

I find it very sad to hear about babies dying and its sad to hear about this girls story.

I know i have told my mum and am getting the help i need for a safe and healthy pregnancy, but i also know how hard it can be to tell people.

And i remember when i needed a pregnancy test and was to scared to say anything to anyone until i knew for sure, i found it very hard to get into town early before work and be dropped off near enough to a chemist, mostly because i dont have many friends in my area and my mum is pretty on to it so thought she might guess that something was up and ask heaps of questions.

In the end i had to make something up as a reason to be dropped off much earlier and across the other side of town.

So maybe as this girl lived in a rural place she had no way of getting into town to see a doctor without her parents knowing something was up.

Im not sure but thought i would add a 17year olds perspective to this thread.

And i do know that i have been told im much more mature for my age and making all the right descisions for baby and continious study after, but a lot of my friends who are the same age as me still act or think like a child sometimes might not be able to cope or know what to do and could end up trying to abort illegally and behind the parents back (this happened to one of my good friends sadly).

So i just really wanted to say everyone is entitled to their own opinion and my opinion is that she may have been in a controling situation and been out of touch of help.

RIP little baby girl xx
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 2:41pm
Very sad but I don't agree with what she did

Edited by NeoshasMummy

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12