FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone using Clomid?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
MindyW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 1:39pm
Great! sounds like the dose your Dr has you on is working a treat! Do you have some romantic activities lined up to boost the timing? Not that I want to know details lol that can be between you and your DH

Ive never noticed sore boobs before AF, I'm sure i would have noticed before but I have experienced dizzy light headed moments before- though not necessacerily around AF- which isnt due for another week(ish).

I think I'm prob just reading too much into things. It wouldn't be logical to be experiencing preg symptoms so early.... Prob just wanting it too badly
My Beautiful Little Emily

We've Waited for You Forever!
Sponsored Links

Flipsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 2:55pm
I know what you mean Mindy. We all want it so bad and sometimes we are just not sure if our bodies are actually having symptoms or are we reading too much into it.

I was glued to the mirror last month checking out every aspect of my body to see if there was any change whatsoever that might indicate I was pregnant!

But we all live in hope and I so hope it is pregnancy sypmtoms for you

Hehe..yes DH and I are planning on making the most of the weekend to hopefully get one or even two of those little eggs fertilised! The nurse just rang and said it is very likely that both eggs will be released from the follicles so come on baby!
MindyW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 1:22pm
Heyya Flipsta,
hope you had a good weekend

Well got my day 21 progesterone levels back, and they barely register @ 0.4nmol/L so what i thought was ovulation cant possibly have been according to those lab values. Chaces of ovulating let alone conceiving are pretty much out the window- lol though still holding on to the fact that maybe my crazy body ovulated later than those tests.....

Reading back over previous posts about low progesterone and found that conception has occured for one lady whose levels were 0.5 so still a little hope...

It aint over till AF waves her stupid red flag I guess

Hurry up 22nd! FA appt a week away today

Flipsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:40am
Absolutely Mindy!
It ain't over just yet plus if you do have any problems with ovulating there are things that can help with that namely clomid, which is what I am on but there are other things that can help with that so that is really great !

Doc put me on clomid due to my DH's sperm quality being a bit low. Hoping the clomid will give 2 eggs for the little fellas to have more chance!

We are on the 2 week wait as of today. Luckily there is Xmas and all sorts of things to keep the mind busy.

Fingers crossed for you Mindy! and yes only a week to go...that appointment will give you answers, etc. so you are no longer wondering what about this or what about that and.how quick has that time gone aye!
MindyW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 6:39pm
Hey Flipsta, how is your TWW going?

Well, had my FA appt today. The Dr aggreed that I was most likely not ovulating and has put me on clomid 50mg for 2 months and then to have a followup appt in 2 months time to see how it is going. He suggested that I should have an ultrasound today and I thought that it was an abdo u/s for some reason, but apparently it was to be a trans-vaginal ultrasound with a darn probe The most embarrasing thing about that was DH was in the room as we both thought that it was abdo scan
*MENTAL NOTE TO SELF* always clarify these things prior to the event!!!!
Thankfully DH was standing at my head and not the other end! Though still embarrasing for all those involved Though the Dr didnt look too embarrased!!

The result was that I have def PCOS Dr saying that the u/s shows my ovaries look like swiss cheese with the contrasting. More blood tests today to check androgen levels, discussed my BMI which is 28 with a polite suggestion that i try to reduce it.

DH "boys" are ok and my other blood tests show that I have good ovarian reserve. So first step is clomid 50mg then if that fails then injections.

Unfortunately the u/s shows AF is on her Merry old way, though that means the sooner I can start my clomid.
And Worse still DH is happily repeditively telling me that his "boys" are all good....HELLO i was there!! And teasing me that my ovaries look the swiss cheese (Thanks Dr!) and that I'm a man cos my androgen levels may be high... well buddy if I am what does that make you?

Bree1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bree1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 8:12pm
Hi Mindy, Like you I thought my scan at FA was abdominal - as with you it wasn't and I was soo imbarrased - didn't tidy up the area first!! Of course I always do now!!!
Glad to hear they are putting you on clomid - I also started on 50mg and was very reactive to it. I hope it goes well for you and you have no side effects - I never have.
Sorry to hear you have PCOS - I dont have this (that I know of) so can't offer any advice, but I guess it's better to know and try and do something about it than not know!
I am in the TWW at the moment - 3rd cycle clomid, 4 follicals, told not to try but we did! First cycle 5 follicals no able to try. 2nd cycle 2 follicalc tried and nothign - so we throughwe would try this month! I have no symptoms at all - normally get a bit crampy and erect nipples between ov and AF but so far nothing - so not even sure if I ov'd - am just thinking now that maybe I didnt!!! I am getting back into my sport and not trying to think about babies - as I just really dont think this is our month... I think I am about day CD26 - so AF should be around CD31 - but I wont test till new year if AF hasn't showed up. Frustrating journey we are on!!!!
All the best for your clomid.

Flipsta how are things with you - I havent even checkd the TWW??
Flipsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 4:07pm
hey Mindy and Bree,

I have been away for 2 weeks and unfortunately AF turned up while we were away. Damn it so we are off clomid this month to just have a break and might give things a go naturally and then see what this month brings. But I really hope this is our year!

Sorry to hear about the PCOS Mindy. Great you can now get onto it though and I have read lots of successful stories so fingers crossed aye!!!
I hope that Clomid sorts it all out for you.

Boys are funny aren't they...their manhood is still intact if the swimmers are all good

Bree any news for you???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456