FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:33pm
HA! we thought Ayja had an outie.. till our first visit from our plunket nurse when she kindly said to me "oh, i see she's got al ittle umbilical hernia, that should resolve by itself". boy did i feel stupid.. I had just been studying that stuff for health assessment... oh, such a great nurse i am!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:33pm
Ok I have another silly question! I've got lots of time to think of these at the moment Read somewhere last night that I should take the electric blanket off our bed soon in case my waters break and I get electrocuted!! Have also read that you should start sitting on towels in the car cos its really hard to get it out. I know that it might not even happen by itself or it might just be a trickle, but just wondering how you get it out of the bed/carseat etc.?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 3:35pm
One silly question from me too....Could I get Listeria from McDonalds Milkshake?

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 5:04pm
We're as bad as each other Roksana! By the way, I wouldnt worry too much about the milkshake.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 5:19pm
I drank mcdonalds milkshakes and ate cream freezes most of my pregnancy with Sophie and was fine, having said that I'm a little wiser this time and have been avoiding them
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:08pm
I had the odd one too and Maya was fine. Until I realised that there is a slight chance of listeria and being a complete OCD wouldn't eat them anymore.

BTW, on average there are only 2 reported cases of listeriosis each year. Some years are worse because of outbreaks from one specific location, but overall your chances of getting it are pretty slim.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:39pm
my midwife told me that the chances of your waters breaking full-stop is actually not that much. most women don't have them break until labour is well-established and at the hospital. then she also said that ambiotic fluid smells really bad if you get it in your car.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 2:03pm
i thought it smelled quite sweet? that's what my midwife told me anyway.
still can't say that i'd want it all through my car.

mine broke while i was in the toilet, had just got up so managed to soak the floor a bit before managing to plonk back down! hehe
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 4:44pm
Amniotic fluid isn't supposed to smell at all...??

Nikki - hehehe I was on the toilet too!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 9:48pm
My midwife told me it was supposed to smell sweetish too. I had a couple of scares where we thought the fluid was leaking.

I actually have no idea what it smells like tho coz I had my legs up in the air flat on my back when I had my waters broken for me. I soooo had other things to worry about than what it smelt like!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 12:03am
you know when stuff gets spilt in your car and you don't clean it properly, and the smell stays there for ages cause it doesn't get aired out properly. And if it's sunny..ick. My mum spilt some ice cream once and it went icky and sour. might be similiar
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 8:38am
Lizzle - thats kind of what I was imaginging it would be like if it happened in the car! My husband is really paranoid about it happening in the car and that it will ruin the seats or something!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 10:15am
mum kept asking me if I'd feel more comfortable sitting on a garbage bag whenever we traveled by car. how rude!@
paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 1:26pm
My waters broke in bed, but they didn't have any smell! But left in a car it might after a while! I never really thought about it happening in the car, but I didn't really expect mine to break I had to have them broken the first time, silly but I didn't think about it.
Karen.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 2:24pm
lol mine too, luckily i had started sleeping on a towel just in case...

only about 10% of women have their waters break as a first sign of labour... so it's more than likely that you will get some warning signs beforehand so you can put newspaper or towels all through the house if you need to lolololol (am being smart by the way)

there is a smell to them, kinda a sickly sweetish smell... ok ladies, think back to when you had your bubbas... dunno if you will remember, but probably just as baby was born when all the rest of the fluid gushed out, there was a smell, like a ... i dunno, baby smell i spose...THAT is the amniotic fluid smell.. our lecturer told us after a few years as a midwife they know that smell off by heart... can go into a room and tell if a ladies waters have broken without asking.... lolol. I kinda remember it, but it's a little vague.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456