10 weirdest celebrity baby names
Here are the top ten celebrity baby names that gave us a giggle:
- Jamie Oliver tops the list with Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Buddy Bear and River Rocket.
- Busy Philipps (pictured above but not with her own child), who named her daughters Birdie and Cricket.
- Kate Winslett who, with her hubby Ned Rocknroll, named their son Bear. (Clearly, Ned Rocknroll is the influence here because Kate’s other children have slightly less exciting names - Mia and Joe).
- Nicolas Cage who named his son Kal-El after Superman. Not so surprising, since Nic changed his own name from Coppola to Cage after the Marvel Comics superhero Luke Cage.
- Jason Lee, the star of My Name is Earl, named his son Pilot Inspektor, inspired by a song by the indie rock band Grandaddy. He later fathered a daughter named Casper and a son named Sonny Lee.
- Alicia Keys who named her son Egypt Daoud Ibarr.
- Sylvester Stallone named his son Sage Moonblood. Hmm.
- Ashlee Simpson, who with hubby Pete Wentz, named their son Bronx Mowgli. New York City meets the Jungle Book!
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden who named their daughter: Harlow Winter Kate, and son Sparrow James Midnight.
- Thandie Newton, with her husband Ol Parker, named her son Booker Jombe, and Booker’s older sister is Ripley.