Try this delcious recipe from the famous Little and Friday.
This is a super-easy, no-bake treat.
250g Super Wine biscuits
½ cup caster sugar
110g unsalted butter
1 cup good-quality cocoa
100g good-quality dark
½ cup pistachios
½ cup dried pears, finely chopped
3 tbsp Stone’s Green Ginger Wine
½ cup icing sugar
Makes approx. 20
1. Blitz biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
2. Put eggs and sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
3. Add butter, ½ cup cocoa and chocolate and whisk for 2 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in biscuit crumbs, pistachios, dried pears and wine.
4. Turn mixture out onto a sheet of cling film and roll into a thin log. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. To serve, mix together remaining ½ cup cocoa and icing sugar in a shallow dish. Unwrap Chocolate Salami and roll in cocoa mix. Cut into 1cm slices and serve in mini patty cases.
Also - we have an interview with Kim Evans Author of Little and Friday- to view click here:
Reproduced with permission from Little and
Friday Celebrations by Kim Evans.
Published byPenguin Group NZ. RRP $45.
Copyright © Kim Evans, 2013
Copyright © Photography Tamara West, 2013