Thanks to our Facebook friends for their family-friendly ideas of what to do in Rotorua.
Paradise Valley. An amazing day out with so much to see. Giant trout and roaring lions. Best of all, you can buy feed to give to the farm animals along the way.
2. Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland: Great for older children or those who don't mind carrying their littlies some of the way. Very educational and beautiful.
3. Amazeme Rotorua Maze: Fantastic fun. After you finish the maze there are lots of other cool things to do.
4. Skyline Gondola and Luge: Caters for all ages and even has a Jellybelly store! Their Market Cafe is great to have lunch at with highchairs available.
5. Rainbow Springs: Great family day out with so much to do including seeing our precious kiwi bird.
6. The Agrodome: Really educational. All about NZ farming with lots of cute animals to pet.
7. Whakarewarewa Redwoods Forest,
8. Rotorua Museum
9. Rotorua Aquatic Centre
Lakeland Queen: The elegant Lakeland Queen was built in New Zealand in 1986 specifically for cruising the waters of Lake Rotorua. The Lakeland Queen is a stern wheel paddleboat that is perfect for a scenic cruise in the shallow waters of Rotorua’s iconic lake.
Rotorua Duck Tours: offer amphibious sightseeing tours of Rotorua and its lakes area. You can get a great introduction to Rotorua's rich history and view some of its most spectacular scenery. The fun begins as soon as you climb aboard one of our amazing WWII Military Landing Craft (known as Ducks), where you will meet your legendary 'Conducktor' who is in charge of your guided tour.