Makes: 8 servings
¾ cup grape juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup frozen berries
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
5 tablespoons gelatin
1. In a small saucepan, combine grape juice, honey and berries and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until berries have softened and have begun to break apart.
2. Transfer mixture into a blender, add apple sauce, and blend until smooth. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
3. With the blender on the lowest speed, add gelatin, one tablespoon at a time, until everything is thoroughly combined.
4. Pour mixture into a 20x20cm pan and refrigerate for about two to three hours, or until the mixture sets.
5. Cut shapes with small cookie cutters or cut into rectangles using a sharp knife.
Edited extract from The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet
by Laura Fuentes. RRP$36.99. Published by Fair Winds Press/Allen & Unwin. Available now.