Makes: 18 bites
½ cup almond butter
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup raisins
1. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, honey (or maple syrup)and vanilla until creamy and well-blended.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, quick cooking oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon and sea salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Fold in raisins.
3. Use your hands to knead the dough. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more coconut flour. If it's too dry and doesn't hold together, knead in one or two teaspoons of water.
4. Scoop out tablespoon-size portions and roll into 2.5cm balls using your hands to create a bite-sized treat.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy.
Edited extract from The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet
by Laura Fuentes. RRP$36.99. Published by Fair Winds Press/Allen & Unwin. Available now.