Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
400g Quality Mark lamb rump
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
250g broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks lightly peeled, and cut into short lengths
1 cup green peas
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
½ cup beef or chicken stock
2 tablespoons Chinese light soy sauce (see tips)
Cooked noodles or rice
1. Cut lamb into strips (about 3cm x 1cm).
2. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add half the lamb strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until browned, then transfer to a plate. Add remaining lamb strips and repeat.
3. Add another dash of oil to the wok, add the garlic, carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the peas and spring onion and stir-fry for a further minute.
5. Add the lamb strips and pour in the stock and soy sauce. Stir-fry until all is heated through and the lamb is tender, no longer than 2 minutes.
6. Serve lamb stir-fry immediately with noodles or rice.
tips and tricks
● Have all your ingredients prepared and place them in the order you are going to add them to the wok, as this recipe is all about quick cooking.
● Keep ingredients moving when stir frying. Cooking the meat and vegetables separately is best as it allows the meat to brown rather than stew.
● Chinese light soy sauce is most commonly used in Chinese cooking. If a Chinese-style recipe calls for soy sauce without any more detail, assume it means light soy sauce.