Anzac biscuit recipe for those who love them chewy!
Bake these for Anzac Day if you love a chewy, oaty biscuit! It's the old-fashioned recipe from the Edmonds cookbook, and the result is guaranteed to be a winner with everyone!
- 1/2 cup Edmonds Standard Grade Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Edmonds Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- Melt butter and golden syrup.
- Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup.
- Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden.