Keep them sweet: chocolatey gift ideas
Audrey Fitzjohn shares two sweet projects perfect for homemade (and kid-made) gift giving this Christmas.
HOT CHOCOLATE SPOONS
You will need:
🎄 5 mini muffin cups
🎄 5 wooden spoons
🎄 200g dark chocolate
🎄 5 cellophane bags
🎄 String or ribbon
1. With the help of an adult, melt the dark chocolate either in a microwave or in a bain-marie.
2. Carefully pour the melted chocolate in the mini muffin cups and place a wooden spoon in each one.
3. Let the chocolate harden completely before placing the chocolate spoons into cellophane bags tied up with a nice ribbon or pretty string.
4. You can gift the chocolate spoon in a nice mug too. To make the hot chocolate drink, simply place spoon in a mug of hot milk, melt chocolate and stir.
COOKIE MIX IN A JAR
Makes one jar of mix, for 15 cookies
You will need:
🎄 A 1 litre glass jar with a lid
🎄 String and a paper tag
🎄 70g cocoa
🎄 110g brown sugar
🎄 130g raw sugar
🎄 150g flour
🎄 100g milk chocolate buttons
🎄 100g white chocolate buttons
🎄 70g pecans
1. Pour the raw sugar into the bottom of the jar to form an even layer.
2. Add the flour, cocoa, brown sugar, white chocolate buttons, milk chocolate buttons and pecans in the same even manner.
3. Screw the lid tightly onto the jar, tie a piece of string around it, and attach a paper tag.
4. On the back of the paper tag, or on a separate piece of paper, write the following baking instructions:
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Mix the contents of the jar with 150g of soft butter and 1 egg. Roll dough into golf ball sized balls, flatten them slightly and bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
Photography and styling: Audrey Fitzjohn, audreyfitzjohn.com
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 40 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW