Baby's first nutrient-rich liver puree
This nutrient-rich Liver Puree is an ideal introduction to solid foods for your baby, providing essential nutrients to support their growth and development. The combination of sweet potato, carrot, and liver offers a delicious and wholesome meal for your little one. As they embark on their food journey, embrace this nourishing recipe as a stepping stone towards a lifetime of healthy eating habits. Happy feeding and happy growing! 🍽️👶💕
- 50g fresh, high-quality liver (chicken or beef), thoroughly cleaned and trimmed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken or vegetable broth to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Add the diced sweet potato and chopped carrot to the simmering broth. Cook for about 10 minutes or until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non-stick pan, sauté the liver over low-medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Ensure it is cooked through but still slightly pink in the center for optimal tenderness.
- Once the liver is cooked, allow it to cool slightly, then dice it into small, baby-friendly pieces.
- Transfer the cooked sweet potato, carrot, and liver into a blender or food processor. Add a few tablespoons of the cooking broth to achieve a smooth puree consistency.
- Blend the mixture until you achieve a creamy and lump-free texture, adding more broth as needed for desired thickness.
- Allow the puree to cool completely before transferring it into baby food storage containers or ice cube trays for freezing.
Note: Ensure the liver is fresh and sourced from reputable sources. Liver is rich in essential nutrients such as iron, zinc, and vitamins A and B12, making it an excellent choice for your little one's development. Always consult with your pediatrician before introducing new foods to your baby's diet, especially if there is a history of food allergies in your family.