Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
400g Quality Mark lamb rump
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
250g broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks lightly peeled, and cut into short lengths
1 cup green peas
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
½ cup beef or chicken stock
2 tablespoons Chinese light soy sauce (see tips)
Cooked noodles or rice
1. Cut lamb into strips (about 3cm x 1cm).
2. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add half the lamb strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until browned, then transfer to a plate. Add remaining lamb strips and repeat.
3. Add another dash of oil to the wok, add the garlic, carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the peas and spring onion and stir-fry for a further minute.
5. Add the lamb strips and pour in the stock and soy sauce. Stir-fry until all is heated through and the lamb is tender, no longer than 2 minutes.
6. Serve lamb stir-fry immediately with noodles or rice.
tips and tricks
● Have all your ingredients prepared and place them in the order you are going to add them to the wok, as this recipe is all about quick cooking.
● Keep ingredients moving when stir frying. Cooking the meat and vegetables separately is best as it allows the meat to brown rather than stew.
● Chinese light soy sauce is most commonly used in Chinese cooking. If a Chinese-style recipe calls for soy sauce without any more detail, assume it means light soy sauce.
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 33 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW