Chocolate chip muffins
2 cups gluten-free flour (check the flour does not contain soy or nuts. You can also mix your own using ¾ cup brown rice flour, ½ cup white rice flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour, and ½ cup potato starch).
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup milk substitute, such as coconut or rice milk
¼ cup rice bran oil or dairy-/nut-free butter, melted
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips OR fruit of your choice. Fruit options include fresh berries, grated and strained apple or sliced peach
1. Preheat oven to 180°C bake or 170°C fan bake.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat sugar, milk, oil/butter and vinegar together until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and continue beating until combined.
5. Stir in ¾ cup of fruit or chocolate chips.
6. Place batter into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining fruit or chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Test with toothpick to see if muffin is cooked through.
8. Remove and allow to cool slightly before tipping out.
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 42 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW