Recipe: Lemon Bundt cake
If you have a lemon tree, this is the recipe for you! This soft and fluffy lemon cake topped with a tangy lemon glaze makes a lovely morning tea. I love the way the icing drips down the ridges from the bundt tin.
150 g (51/2 oz) butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
3 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
11/2 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp boiling water
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake.
- Grease and flour a 29 x 9 cm (111/2 x 31/2 in) bundt tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or with hand-held beaters until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix again. Add the yoghurt and lemon zest and juice and mix together.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda, and stir together until just combined.
- Transfer to the prepared bundt tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out onto a serving plate.
- To make the Lemon Glaze, whisk together the icing sugar, boiling water and lemon zest and juice.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 days.
Images and text extracted from Everyday Favourites: Delicious, easy meal solutions for busy families by Vanya Insull, published by Allen & Unwin NZ, RRP: $39.99. Photography by Melanie Jenkins, Flash Studios.
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 59 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW