Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
Try this delicious carrot cake that is both gluten and refined sugar free!
- 2 cups/180g/6.3 almond meal
- 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz rice flour
- 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz gluten free cornflour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup/120g/4.2 oz Natvia
- 2/3 cup/80g/2.8 oz walnuts, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine the almond meal, rice flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, Natvia, walnuts, carrots and egg yolks until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into first mixture, just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and place into oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 slices. Macros for 1 slice: Calories: 205 Fat: 15.5g Carbs: 12.1g Fibre: 3.1g Sugars: 1.4g Protein: 7.7g