VIDEO: Newborn to toddler - your baby's growth journey
From newborn to toddler, baby's first year is an impressive journey of growth and development.
Watching your baby learn new skills is a fascinating business. No wonder Facebook newsfeeds are full of baby milestones – nothing makes a new parent prouder than their child learning to grip a toy or figuring out how to roll. And proud we should be – babies are amazing! And they are all unique. While one baby takes a few wobbly steps at 10 months old, another may not be interested in putting one foot in front of the other until they are closer to two years old. Our illustrations below are a general guide – please don't panic if your baby's skills don't match the time-frames shown. If you have any concerns about your baby's development, contact your GP or Plunket nurse for advice.
Click on the images below to download a readable PDF, and click here for our video
Watch me grow: Zac's first year.
- VIDEO: newborn to toddler milestones
- VIDEO: Watch baby Zac's first year in milestones
- PRINTABLE: Fun Milestone cards
- Little steps: Baby's milestones over 18 months
- Typical child development
- Encouraging baby's development
- Why a mother's love improves their baby's health
- Baby's brain development and it's implications on raising a baby
- 3 Techniques to understand what your baby is saying
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 34 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW