A sense of belonging
A SENSE OF BELONGING
Playcentre, a charity that offers parents and caregivers the opportunity to be involved with their child’s learning.
At Playcentre, adults play alongside their children. You will meet other parents and educators and become part of a fun, vibrant village where community and a sense of belonging are at the heart of everything we do.
Mums, dads, and all whānau, including grandparents, aunties and uncles and other caregivers, are welcome to attend Playcentre with their children.
GOOD FOR YOUR CHILD…
- A high adult-child ratio
- A rich variety of quality play and learning resources and experiences
- Caters for age ranges from zero to six so that the whole family can come to Playcentre together
- A safe and secure environment
- Positive and sustained interactions with other adults
AND GOOD FOR YOU…
- Supportive environment for you to parent your own way
- Involvement in your child’s early childhood education
- Confidence in yourself and your parenting
- Friendship with other parents and caregivers
- A free accredited NZQA education programme to develop parenting skills and understand how children learn and develop
- Whānau social occasions
- Opportunities to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills
- A sense of community and belonging
“I played and learnt alongside my kids till they went to school. The friendships we made as a family are priceless. Playcentre was our village. I didn’t just watch them grow - I grew with them”.
Every Playcentre offers three free visits, and you’re welcome to go along for a visit and see what they’re all about! There are over 420 centres throughout New Zealand, so there is sure to be one near you.
Visit playcentre.org.nz for more information