Craft: a sweet and simple felt garland
Add some seasonal colour to your décor with this sweet and simple felt garland.
You will need
- Felt sheets in green, brown and orange
- Embroidery thread in green and beige
- Polyfill stuffing
- Sewing needles
- Scissors for both fabric and paper
- Paper and a pencil
- With a pencil, draw leaf shapes and acorns on your paper and cut them out with scissors.
- Fold each felt sheet in half and pin your paper patterns on to the two layers of felt.
- Cut around each paper leaf and acorn shape, through the two layers of felt.
- Decorate the front pieces of your leaves and acorns using simple embroidery stitches.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew together the front and back pieces of each leaf and acorn, leaving a gap through which to stuff the polyfill before you finish sewing all the way around the shape.
- Securely attach the leaves and acorns to a piece of string by sewing them with several stitches on each ornament.
Please remember this garland is for decorative purposes only and is not safe as a toy for young children.
Styling and photography: Audrey Fitzjohn, audreyfitzjohn.com
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 45 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW