Create your own family tree
Make your family tree a real focal point with this eye-catching idea to illustrate relationship, connection, and growth.
Displaying your family tree is an opportunity to let personality and creativity flourish, so don’t be daunted by the artistic skill required for this project. Brainstorm with your kids as to what your tree could look like. Ours was painted free-hand, but you could use masking tape for a more defined and angular effect.
Our tree doubles as a growth-chart and the photos illustrate the children’s development. You could also opt to represent your wider family – aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and even great grandparents!
You will need:
• A blank wall
• Small paintbrush
• Masking tape
• Resene SpaceCote Flat washable wall and ceiling paint in your choice of colours
• HappyMoose wall dot stickers (happymoose.nz)
1. Clean the surface of your wall ready to paint your tree design. Our wall had just been freshly painted in Resene Paris White.
2. Sketch your tree design on paper first and then, using a pencil, copy the design onto your wall.
3. Once you are happy with your pencil design, get creative with your paintbrush! We painted our tree in Resene SpaceCote Flat White.
4. Apply two coats of your tree design.
5. Scroll through your photo albums and pick your favourites to represent your family. We got our photos printed with The HappyMoose app (available from the App Store), and the wall dots were in our mailbox only days later.
6. Time for blossom –– adorn the branches with your wall dot stickers.
Visit your local Resene ColorShop, ph: 0800 RESENE (737 363) or go to: www.resene.co.nz
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 30 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW