Why not? Make a love knot baby toy
A handmade baby toy makes for a thoughtful newborn gift. Gemma Adams shows us how easy it is to get your craft on.
You will need:
- Wood ring, this is a 70mm beech ring from Eco Bebe
- Unbleached cotton rope from Spotlight
1. Cut your rope to a usable length. I used about a metre for this one, but it does depend on the ring size and rope thickness.
2. Once you have trimmed the rope, make a loop with a short tail on one end, and pass it through and under the ring.
3. Next, take all the rope and pull it through the loop completely.
4. Keeping the tail flat to the top of the ring, loop the long end behind and through the ring, then back through the loop, ensuring you keep the tail inside. Pull tight.
5. Repeat the same loop knot, keeping the tail underneath – this hides it under the knots. Continue until you reach your desired coverage.
6. To finish, take the end and loop it through the back side of two or three of the knots. Pull tight.
A closer look at tying...
Styling and photography: Gemma adams @blackbirdgoods
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 46 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW