DIY: Give an old vase a timeless ceramic look
Give your old glass vases an update with this DIY painted ceramic look and bunch together with your favourite florals.
YOU WILL NEED
- Resene testpots in your choice of colours. We used Resene Sunbaked and Resene Crowdpleaser
- Resene FX Faux Rust Effect (basecoat)
- Resene FX Faux Rust Effect Activator
- Glass vases (we sourced ours from op shops)
- Baking powder
- A stick to mix with
- Plastic containers to mix in
- A paint brush (we used the Resene testpot paint brush)
1. Pour paint into a plastic container then add baking powder. The amount of baking powder will vary depending on the thickness of paint, so slowly add 1/4 tsp at a time until you reach a mousse-like consistency.
2. With a sponge or brush, apply the first layer to your vase. If there isn't as much texture as you'd like, add a little more baking powder to your mixture.
3. Let paint dry for an hour or until dry to touch. Add second layer and let dry.
1. Apply two coats of Resene FX Faux Rust Effect (basecoat) to your vase using a dry brush, allowing at least four hours between coats.
2. With a brush, apply two layers of FX Faux Rust Effect Activator making sure to cover all of the basecoat. Wait until dry to apply the second layer. Rust development will be visible within 12 hours of application.
Colours we used:
Visit your local Resene ColorShop, phone 0800 RESENE (737 363) or :
|SHOP ONLINE HERE|
AS FEATURED IN ISSUE 54 OF OHbaby! MAGAZINE. CHECK OUT OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE BELOW